“Good bbq, good people and great service”
Review of Tom’s BBQ

Tom’s BBQ
Ranked #97 of 957 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The staff has such a great sense of humor. They are spot on with their customer service skills. My husband got the pulled pork and I got the fish and chips. The baked beans were to die for and the pork was juicy. The fish and chips were really good. The tartar sauce was excellent. The bathrooms were spotless and the dining room and tables were clean. I hate a sticky table. If the restaurant is dirty, it makes me wonder "what does the kitchen look like?"

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Ate at Tom's after I just happened to notice the place while driving by. Great food with excellent service and a huge variety.

BBQ was good but not overly-smoked, the brisket and smoked chicken I had were good. I used the mild BBQ sauce for a more brown-sugary flavor. My wife had the pulled pork, very good as well.

Sides were delicious. The mac and cheese was spot on but the
Potato salad was the star of the show.

I'm a big Italian beef fan and I plan on trying that before I leave Mesa.

All and all a great experience and really good food. Lots of options for BBQ and even non-BBQ fans alike.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Love the pulled pork, especially. Locals should note you may purchase by the pound, then pick it up and bring home for yourself, friends and/or family.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I gave Tom's a rave review not that long ago, but after our visit to the Glendale Restaurant this past Saturday I have to say...WHAT HAPPENED? I ordered the Italian beef Sausage combo as I usually do and my wife ordered the Maxwell St. Polish. I noticed a new crew and the nightly specials were no longer posted as I ordered and wondered to myself if something had changed. It went down hill from there. People were getting refunds and leaving because it was taking so long and they were never notified they ran out of Brisket and Pulled Pork unto m until after they ordered. Mind you it was only 5:30 in the evening. We waited and we waited and we waited. Finally my wife went up and asked about our order. In all I would say we waited 20 to 25 minutes which has never happened in the past. I always order my sandwich wet and I always explain I want it soaking wet. I got it fairly dry. It was nowhere the size it was just a couple of weeks ago either and it wasn't hot. My guess is it was sitting while they tried to fix the mess they created by not paying attention. My wife's was also just barely warm. I'm not sure if they were taken over by new management or what, but needless to say they need to work on supply orders and informing customers what the hold up is. Unacceptable is all I can say at this point.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stopped here for dinner while visiting Mesa, and it was delicious! They give so much food for a great price! The fried pickles were amazing! Can't wait to go back! My son just loved the "vending machine bathrooms"! Cute little restaurant!