New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Nice stay but watch your head”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Mesa this past weekend. It is a nice hotel with large rooms. The only problem I had was in the shower. The shower had 2 soap dishes mounted to the wall -- one at tub height and one at a higher leve. (head high for me and I am 5'5"). I dropped the shampoo and when I went to pick it up, I hit my head hard on the upper soap dish.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear travelinfoolfromaz,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I sincerely apologize for the troubles experienced with the layout of our shower/tub. We are currently in the process of undergoing some renovations which would include the bathroom and we will definitely take your feedback seriously. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

My first ever review but feel compelled to comment on this occasion.
I have stayed at this hotel 3 times within the past 6 months on golf trips and have to say how refreshing to stay in such a welcoming and comfortable hotel.
I work for an airline and so consequently stay in numerous hotels, mostly around Europe, but none come close to offering the all round experience I look for in a hotel.

Check in is fast and welcoming.

Rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and possess all room amenities you would hope for, including an excellent coffee machine. Air-con worked fantastically (even in 110 degree heat outside) and wasn't noisy. The cleaning team were efficient and always made sure my room was cleaned at convenient times of day.
The pool area, whilst not huge, is well maintained and the sun-beds very comfortable with clean towels always available.

ALL staff are incredibly motivated, friendly and really cannot do enough for you. Sometimes it's easy to forget what good customer service is.......at Hilton Phoenix East, Mesa it's obvious that good customer service is integral to it's existence. Special thanks go to Drew, one of the concierge's, who seemed to have the patience of a Saint fielding countless enquiries with humour and good knowledge, and to Melinda, whose communication in my initial booking emails took all stress away from the booking process. Also to all the bar staff who were attentive to my every need.
I ate food (and had an occasional beer) in the very comfortable atrium bar area, or in the restaurant, most days and cannot fault the quality, nor the price.

Although I was staying for leisure reasons I noticed the hotel catered for conferences and airline staff which i'm sure this hotel is the perfect choice for.
My room bill for all 3 visits surprised me on how low it was and the check out process was as quick as the check in!

Oh, and finally the foyer complementary coffee in the mornings and lemonade and ice-tea (and cookies!) together with the M&M's on tap are a very nice touch..thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Simon_R1966
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Simon_R1966,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind comment about our hotel and staff. We strive for exceptional service and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you are in the Phoenix/Mesa area.

I would like to thank you again as we really appreciate feedback from our guests.

Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This Hilton is a little older than some but the service is well worth the stay. Even though it is an older place, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. Best part of this place is the genuine hospitality and concern shown by the entire staff. Also with a smile and a "have a great day" attitude. Breakfast was perfect as well. I will be staying there on my next trip to Mesa!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Bill O,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. Your feedback is much appreciated and I would like to thank you for your delightful comments. We always love hearing positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed at the hotel recently and have to say that Paul who was working on front desk both mornings when I was up at 5am was a real credit to Hilton Group. Very friendly and enjoyed talking to him as I drank my coffee before heading out to golf. Also the young chap at concierge was a real credit as he tracked down a missing package for me and was helpful during my stay.
If I was hiring I would offer both of these guys jobs.

Around the hotel many restaurants are closing which are walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Redsoxowen,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind comments about our staff. We appreciated all feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel is a bit tired and dated but the rooms are clean and spacious. Nice pool and gym. What makes the hotel a bit more special is the staff who in most cases offer great sevice. If you are looking for something hip trendy and up to date stay else where but for good old fashioned customer service you cant go wrong.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Grettontraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We take all feedback seriously and please know we will be undergoing room and lobby renovations to improve the look and feel of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality and we hope to see you in the near future.