“So unhappy with our visit"”

American Inn & Suites Mesa
Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Huntington Beach, California
“So unhappy with our visit"”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We traveled for seven hours to visit my son who was staying with his college baseball team at the Quality Inn in Mesa. I had not seen him since Christmas as he plays baseball in college in another state. Upon arriving in our room, the first thing you noticed was the filthy carpet. Second thing was the disgusting multi stained couch in the "living room" part of the "suite". In the second room, two queen beds were in this small room where you practically had to walk sideways between the beds. One bed was all the way pushed up to the wall as was the second one. I wouldn't allow my family to walk without shoes on the carpet or sit on the couch. The television never worked and had static on every channel except for one. I tried to get another room but was told they had none. I wanted to stay at the same hotel as we wanted to spend as much time as we could with him and not spend time traveling back and forth. Complaints to the front desk were what I would considered to be dismissed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cindyalexcapp
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Iowa
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We chose this hotel on recommendation of friends who make the yearly pilgrimage to see the Cubs in spring training. Though we routinely tend to chose more upscale places, we were perfectly satisfied with our choice. I totally agree that the neighborhood is a bit sketchy and the rooms could really use some updating, but I cannot say enough about how clean every portion of the hotel was! We used the pool area, by relaxing in the hot tub and playing a lot of euchre! Breakfast was fine, considering it was "included" .
The very best part of the experience, though was the excellent customer service we received from Amanda (especially) and Liz (I sincerely hope I got your names right, ladies). You see, the friends who recommended the hotel, also said they never rent a car and walk most everywhere they go.....well, after the first evening, it was evident that we felt stranded! There were several twists and turns, but those girls at the front counter went out of their way to help us out! Amazing service!
Thanks again.....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
QualityInnMesa, Guest Relations Manager at American Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
Here at the Quality Inn & Suites we were very happy to hear you had such a good stay and 2 of our staff made such a good impression on you! We strive to provide great customer service everyday and we love to hear we are succeeding! Feel free to contact the hotel directly to provide us with anything we can continue to work on!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have heard that this area of Mesa is not very safe anymore and I believe the rumors after having been here. We had our dog with us and while walking the 2 blocks within the motel we saw tweakers on bikes at 10pm, cops gathering near empty storefronts and helicopters circling with spotlights. The motel itself is old and needs updating but, as others have written, it IS clean. The downsides to having a two room suite were the layout of a separate bedroom meant that no air conditioning reaches the bedroom because the ac unit is in the living area.
The motel caters to mostly senior winter visitors. We could hear a few children but there was no noise after 10 on the premises. The bed was comfy, but the bedding is too hot and heavy for the climate even in winter. The breakfast was average, but overall, I do not see the value in what the nightly rate gave us. I won't be going back to this property when we need to travel to the Tempe/Mesa area in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
QualityInnMesa, Guest Relations Manager at American Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this review, 15 March 2011
I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our surroundings here in Mesa, AZ. I understand and agree that some areas nearby could do to be cleaned up a bit I will say that while the police presence can be a bit unnerving it does mean that we do not have any safety problems here at the hotel. As for the helicopters shinning the their spotlight down; that is generally due to how close we are to the freeway since they use the spotlight to show accidents on the nightly news. The air conditioning in the bedrooms is something we are actively working on. We have broken the wall down in a handful of rooms to create a great room but some guests like the privacy better so we are trying a few more possibilities to fix this problem. While we do have a large amount of winter visitors each year I can tell you that during the beginning of spring we are packed with kids! I hope that you will give us another chance to show you we are striving to improve everyday. If you do return please contact management to tell us what we can do to improve further!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 November 2010

What a wonderful well run facility! The room was immaculate. Hot tub was pristine and exquisitely thermoregulated.

We loved the breakfast especially the Belgian Waffle maker. Thank you for a quiet relaxing fall break.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
I am glad to hear you had such a great stay here at the Quality Inn & Suites! I agree that the waffles are good and you will pleased to hear we are now going to be adding scrambled eggs to our breakfast selection as well! Hopefully we will see you again soon and when you do return please contact management and tell us what we can do to continue in this positive direction!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 October 2010

This particular hotel in Mesa, AZ on Country Club Road had great customer service when we pulled in at night for check-in. "Liz" was very welcoming and friendly and extremely helpful. However, the morning desk rep, "Eric" was very unfriendly and quite apathetic especially when, after the first night, I requested a new room because I was bitten several times by ants the night before. I found them around the window sill next to the bed I was sleeping in. Without apology or any concern whatsoever, he simply gave me a new key to another room a few rooms down. I have no doubt he simply rented our old room right away without having it fumigated. At checkout the next morning Eric simply rang us up and, without a word, handed our receipt and went about his business. I'd recommend this hotel by Liz's professional demeanor. Because of our experience with Eric, I would not overall.

• Stayed October 2010
QualityInnMesa, Manager at American Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Here at the Quality Inn and Suites we are working hard to address any problems our guests encounter. That being said I was very disappointed to here how you had been treated. We have reevaluated out staffing and made the necessary changes to better serve our guests. We have been training our staff how to provide excellent customer service and they are here to serve your needs 24/7. While I understand your frustration I hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to prove to you we have been making changes for the better.