“STOP!!! STOP making reservation!!!!”
Review of Stop Hostel Iguazu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Iguazu
Stop Hostel Iguazu
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have been staying in a lot of hostels in S.America and Europe and I'm not a demanding traveller. But from what I have experienced, the only comment I have for the service of Stop Hostel = SUCKS!!

The staffs are not friendly nor helpful.

- I'm invisible. I greeted the staffs, but they didn't bother to greet back.

- We found bed bugs in one of the rooms.

- We booked the dinner thru the hostel which provided by Che Lagarto Hostel. The buffet was cancelled later in the day but the staffs on shift did not inform any of us even we were at the common area waiting for time to have dinner at 8:30pm. We were told by the staff from CHE LAGARTO that there's no buffer dinner! Yes, we only found out when we walked to CHE LAGARTO!!! When we confronted the staffs in STOP Hostel, one of them answered with her eyes rolling, "I don't speak English" and "no buffet? just refund". The staffs did not even bother to apologize.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stay228

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is the worst hostel we've ever stayed at, we had lots of bedbugs in our room, it's very dirty everywhere (the kitchen looks like a nightmare, the provided pillowcases were full of stains and dirt), the wifi doesn't work, the showers are cold. Although the check-in is at 2pm, they arranged the room only after 4pm, the staff is not helpful or friendly.
Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ioana C
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed in private double room at Stop Hostel for 2 nights, but just checked out early because we had bed bugs. We had booked Stop Hostel through PAX hostel in BA, their sister hostel. Since we really liked it at PAX, we didn't even bother about checking tripadvisor.
WELL, that was a mistake!! The hostel itself seems nice and is well located, staff is helpful etc. After the first night I thought I was bitten by mosquitos and we kept the window shut. After the second night I had bites all over and I haven't seen or heard a mosquito at all! So I started to search the bed sheets and I found some huge bed bugs and couple little ones.
We showed the staff and they apologized and said they would clean the room and remove the sheets, because there was no other room for us.
Since cleaning the room and changing sheets does not really help with bed bugs, we decided to check out and suddenly they did have another room for us. BUT we left and got the refund for one night. I'm pretty sure the bed bugs are not just in room no 22.
Bummer, this could be a nice place, but BED BUGS are NASTY.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank chevere32
Reviewed 17 November 2011

It looks clean and nice rooms but I woke up at 2 am with bed beds all over bed and pillow. They sited another room in sister hostel, but didn't seem that surprised and said its really common in Argentina?!

I have my suspicions that they don't do much about it give room general clean and rent it back out.

They need to get exterminators in as there sister hostel had exact same problem...

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've been travelling for a year. From the start everything looked very nice and in general Stop Hostel has a lot of potential: nice rooms, friendly staff and ok breakfast. But on the second night we found out that we had bedbugs. While laying on bed I saw them walking on the sheets and during a fast examination of the bed and sheets I found 3 big ones crawling around. I went to the guy who's in charge, explained the situation and moved to the only other room that was left in the hostel, since it was almost fully booked. Because it was around midnight we decided to try the dorm which we had entirely for ourselves (room 7). During the night we tried different beds of the 10bed-dorm but all of them had bedbugs. A day later I counted more than 60 bites on my body. The only good thing is that without arguing too much they refunded half of the total money we paid. But still, after one year travelling without bed bugs, this hostel was a very disappointing surprise. I definitely advise not to stay there, until they take those bed bugs serious, because all the bedsheets looked dirty and it's time to do some serious cleaning at Stop Hostel.

Room Tip: Don't go there.