See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 November 2011

It looks clean and nice rooms but I woke up at 2 am with bed beds all over bed and pillow. They sited another room in sister hostel, but didn't seem that surprised and said its really common in Argentina?!

I have my suspicions that they don't do much about it give room general clean and rent it back out.

They need to get exterminators in as there sister hostel had exact same problem...

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've been travelling for a year. From the start everything looked very nice and in general Stop Hostel has a lot of potential: nice rooms, friendly staff and ok breakfast. But on the second night we found out that we had bedbugs. While laying on bed I saw them walking on the sheets and during a fast examination of the bed and sheets I found 3 big ones crawling around. I went to the guy who's in charge, explained the situation and moved to the only other room that was left in the hostel, since it was almost fully booked. Because it was around midnight we decided to try the dorm which we had entirely for ourselves (room 7). During the night we tried different beds of the 10bed-dorm but all of them had bedbugs. A day later I counted more than 60 bites on my body. The only good thing is that without arguing too much they refunded half of the total money we paid. But still, after one year travelling without bed bugs, this hostel was a very disappointing surprise. I definitely advise not to stay there, until they take those bed bugs serious, because all the bedsheets looked dirty and it's time to do some serious cleaning at Stop Hostel.

Room tip: Don't go there.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fransisco P
Reviewed 15 August 2011

No complaints about the actual business itself just a note of caution about puerto Iguazu itself. The young locals are deranged 80's wannabe bikers and ride trail bikes with no mufflers up and down the main street in packs of 10 ALL night. Then you have guys in corollas with sound systems that literally vibrated the walls of the room. We closed the windows, the metal shutters and curtains and it still had no effect. These kids are nuts. So if you stay here make sure its in one of the inner rooms because guaranteed you will not sleep if you are in the rooms facing the street. I even bought some brand new silicone ear plugs and it was not enough to drown out the 90's techno andfull blown exhaust of 10 honda 250's.
Seriously the locals are lame.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank b0n-v0yagers
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was quite surprised to find such a good hostel for sich a cheap price.
When I woke up the next morning I knew that I had paid an extra price: I had bed bug bites all over. No wonder, the facilities are not very clean.
The breakfast is great, still.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights in early August, and was happy with the staff's service mindset. First, they were flexible to reduce the price for a private double room since I was travelling alone, and they also allowed me to pay in mixture of USD and pesos. They were also accommodating enough to extend my check out time on the last day.

The private room is quite good as it has hot showers, cable TV and plenty of electricity outlets. (The only complaint is the pillow is a bit too hard). The complimentary buffet breakfast is great with cereals, eggs, fruit juice, bread, milk and tea/coffee. The kitchen is adequate for simple cooking, though the electric hotplate takes too long to heat up.

Overall, I am satisfied with the stay experience, and would recommend this hostel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo