See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Spent 3 nights here, wished we had known before booking as we would have stayed longer. Very quite, laid back, treed location, with dining room, out door pool, patios, lounge chairs, etc. Included daily breakfast. No phones or internet in room, was great, internet in lobby, English spoken. About 8-10 kms. from town, local bus service within a block of hotel and lots to see and do in the area, including the falls at Iguazu National Park.

Room tip: all rooms are great
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Nothing great about Cabanas del Lenador. The room was typical 3* room with simple decoration. We stayed here for 3 nights and twice the electricity went off during the evening for about 1-2 hours.
The breakfeast was very simple. They only served some very sweet rolls. Please ask them the to fix some eggs (additional price).
If you want to take a taxi to Brazil or Paraguay don´t book trough the consier from the hotel. The price is about double comparing if you deal directrly with the taxi dirivers.
Pool was nice but not cleaned

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Markus A
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I was originally going to stay here for two nights, but decided to check out and stay somewhere else the second night. It is by no means a terrible place, but a few issues made it unsuitable for me. My cabana was largish, but they had left the (screenless) windows open during the day and so a number of mosquitos had gotten in--not ideal. The air conditioning functioned but hardly seemed to cool anything, which I found frustrating. A light in the bathroom was burned out. One of the shelves looked like it had not been dusted in a long time. And I found the location less than ideal. It is not far from Puerto Iguazu but not quite an easy walk. You can take the bus into town, but it can be a long wait, and your other option (taxi) works fine but is more expensive.

On the plus side, the sheets seemed clean, there was a fridge with minibar (I had to plug the fridge in), there was wireless internet access, and the staff, while not english-speaking, helped out when asked. But personally I would look elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank FarShore
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Like most poeple we were directed to this hotel by the Secret Garden, I wish we hadn't.

The place had an unkempt feel about it, there was old hotel signs lying around and building work was going on. The room we had smelt so badly of damp that we had to have all our clothes laundered when we left as the smell had got into everything. It was horrible.

There was a pool side bar which was never open. In fact one day when my partner was out on a trip I sat by the pool reading. The hotel owners started to cook some meat and they had their friends over for a BBQ, they still didn't open the bar or offer any drinks they just had a little party for themselves. This would be ok if the hotel was within walking distance of anywhere to get a snack or drink but it wasn't.

The breakfast was not great either.

The lady who run the hotel was nice but she didn't make up for the fact that the hotel was so bad.

I wish we had stayed in the town as taxi's were needed every night unless you wanted to stay in the atmosphere free hotel for dinner which we didn't.

I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank Creature99
Reviewed 25 November 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Cabanas del Lenador hotel during a last minute decision to go see the Iguazu falls when we were in Argentina on vacation. Since we did do the booking last minute, we didn't have much time to research the options and find a place to stay. We had orignally wanted a bed and breakfast option. We stayed at this hotel at the reccomendation of John Fernandes, who owns the Secret Garden B&B. We e-mailed him about availabitiies at the Secret Garden and he was full, but reccommended this hotel for us and handled the booking of the hotel for us. While I didn't see his B&B, his helpfulness was certainly noted, and I'm sure reccomends the Secret Garden to others.

At the Cabanas del Lenador, we had a pleasant stay, although we had to change rooms from our original place. The air conditioner didn't work in our first room, and there was a strong smell of mildew in the room as well. The room was, however, very clean. Our second room was fine, no mildew smell, although it may have been helped by a Glade Plug In Deodorizor that was in our room. The room came with a small refrigerator stocked with various drinks, and a small TV with cable (although we didn't really watch it). The staff was very friendly, and we really enjoyed sitting outside our room listening to the birds and enjoying the tranquil location.

You can either take the bus (which has a stop about a block from the hotel), a cab/driver, or walk to town. The walk to the restaurant area is about 2 miles, but not bad at all. We did it both evenings and it was safe and easy. You cannot walk to the falls though. We had a driver arranged for us by John Fernandes who was excellent. His name was Juan Pablo Gonzalez, and he was EXCELLENT. Very friendly and took us on a free tour of the town after picking us up from the hotel which helped to orient us and decide where to eat/shop. He was very punctual too. I'm sure that John Fernandes could put you in contact with him, all I have is his phone number which is [-].

A couple of drawbacks. One drawback was a lack of any sort of snack food, especially since the hotel is rather isolated. The closest place to get food was in a house-front store located about 2 blocks away. If you don't speak Spanish (as my wife does not) then there is no way you could have found the place, or purchased much. Which leads to drawback 2- no staff there speaks English. We were advised of this by John Fernandes, and it was okay since I speak passable Spanish. However, if you cannot speak Spanish, I wouldn't reccomend staying here. The only other drawback for some, would be it's location. As stated it is about two miles outside of town so if you want the convienances of town instead of a quiet getaway, don't stay here. We opted for the quietness and enjoyed it.

Overall, a pleasant hotel for our visit to the falls.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank HGreenSpeaks