“Buiness Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Cordoba
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Buiness Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Very practical hotel for the business traveller, rooms are comfortable and functional, free WiFi in the rooms and nice resturant and bar area down stairs. Very well located in the downtown area with an excellent choice of bars and resturants to choose from.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights in this hotel. It is very clean, has a good buffet breakfast, staff are very helpful and friendly. We arrived at 9.20 am and were allowed to go to the room which was a great plus.We were on the 3rd floor at the front and didn´t find it noisy at all even though Sunday was election day!! We had a great 4 days there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judrich
Den Haag
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Everthing was of high standards for the price. Staff was very helpfull in payment after problems with debit card. Compared to other hotels in town centers around Argentina this hotel is of very good value for the money

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Spartanburg, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

Just spent the night in this hotel which is located in the interesting central area of Cordoba, and I would not recommend it to any one. I stayed in room 609 which is located in the front of the Hotel overlooking the noisiest intersection in Argentina. My two sons stayed in room 709 right above me and they agree, it was awful!

While checking in I requested 2 quiet rooms in the back of the Hotel, based on what I had read from other travelers on this site. They informed me, they had put us in special rooms and could not move us. ( I think this is where they put the few Americans who make it to this interesting city.) After seeing the rooms, I requested again to be moved but to no avail. Because the rooms are facing the Sun all day, they were very hot when we checked in at 4:30pm. We asked the Bellman to please turn the air conditioning on but he said that was not possible because the heat was on in the hotel, but turning on the fan would help cool the room. It did not at all and only made it hotter. The only way to cool the room was to open the windows, which made it REALLY Noisy, and impossible to sleep. It was truly one of the worst nights I have ever spent in a hotel. Stay in the area, just NOT here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mart59

Travellers are raving about these Cordoba hotels

Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

My friend and I stayed two nights at this hotel while visiting the city of Cordoba. The hotel is definitely centrally located and only two or three blocks from the Jesuit street and churches. They put us in a smoking room even though I specifically asked for non-smoking during booking. They refused to move us and stated that their non-smoking floors were fully booked which I don’t really believe.

The room was in desperate need of renovation. There was a skanky dirty shag carpet on the wood floors between the beds which I felt was a bit treacherous to walk on with bare feet. The beds were fairly comfortable but the air condition system did not allow you full control over the room temperature. There was just a dial between the two beds that you can either turn off or move to high or low. The air temperature felt hot at night but freezing during the day.

The bathroom was a descent size but the tub was a death trap and a lawsuit waiting to happen. The tub was very narrow and had a half glass panel but no shower curtain. During one shower the tub was so slippery that I fell and hit my right leg and arm on the edge of the glass panel. I was severally bruised with a dinner plate size bruise on my right leg which caused nerve pain throughout my remaining time in South America. The ironic part was there was a label on the tub with a little person slipping which I assume meant the tub was slip proof.

The front-desk people were less than friendly and not helpful at all. My friend and I requested a quote for a driver to drive us to the Jesuit Block and Estancias outside of downtown Cordoba for a half a day trip. The "concierge" came back with an outrageous quote of $800 pesos ($209 USD). In Mendoza, we had a driver for an entire day going through the vineyards for only $300 pesos. Then the next day we paid $400 pesos to drive for 6+ hours through the Andes with an English speaking driver. We could totally tell they were trying to take advantage of us. Also, the front-desk people were less than helpful in recommending a restaurant. My friend showed them a card for El Patio restaurant which was advertised on their desk and they said the restaurant was good but they FAILED to mention that the restaurant was in a strip mall called Dinosaur Park in the 'burbs.

My friend and I thought we were being kidnapped as the taxi driver drove through very sketchy neighborhoods. The trip went on forever as our lives were flashing in front of our eyes. We finally arrived at the strip mall and told the non-English speaking taxi driver that this was a mistake and that there is an El Patio on 24 Septembre in Cordoba. El Patio by the way is an absolutely wonderful Parilla. I had the best grilled pork chops and mashed potatoes ever! Dinner more than made up for the long and expensive taxi drive. The key point here is that the front-desk people should not recommend a restaurant so far out of the city. I would never recommend this hotel and perhaps the entire chain of Amerian hotels.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends