“Palermo Gem”

and 1 more site!
Caseron Porteno B&B
Ranked #42 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Very friendly owners and kitchen staff-nothing was too much trouble and the restaurant suggestion was an excellent choice -we went there twice{Puratierra}Watched some of the tango lessons held on the premises.and could have had a free lesson.
Some rooms better than others and quieter-ask for a courtyard room with en suite.
Liked our first stay so much that we returned there for our last night in B A

Room Tip: ask for a courtyard room with en suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Caseron Porteno B&B

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were greated with warm and friendly hospitality.
We enjoyed the Tango lessons, and I loved the morning greatings
by Maria the cook, but also the soul of the house.
Everybody gave us great advice, where to go and what to do.
It was a very wonderful time.

Room Tip: The suits are great, rooms towards the street are noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Galina and Dmitri, Canada, Toronto

My boyfriend and I spent at Caseron Porteno three weeks at the end of August-mid September. Our main reason for coming to Buenos Aires was to improve our tango dancing skills and get the authentic tango experience.
Do not quite understand why, but hotels are really expensive in BA, and most of them are located in the city center, which is very noisy and polluted, so guesthouses are a good alternative.
I did some research amongst a few guesthouses in Buenos Aires before picking Caseron and could not be happier with my choice.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always happy to give us any kind of advice: how to navigate in the city and get to a certain point, where is the best place to exchange money at the highest rate, places to eat, etc.
Maria – the house ‘queen’ – was like a mother to us; and we miss her morning coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice 
Make sure to use Tango pamphlet/ map that Caseron has available; it has all the info on tango activities in the city that you would need: milongas, practicas, classes, shoes stores, etc.
The house has a beautiful dance studio that you can use anytime you want. There are tango classes every evening (except for Sunday), and they are free for the house guests.
That was a big ‘plus’.
We liked all the teachers that come into the house, but our favorite was Maya.
In my 3-year dancing ‘career’ she is one of the best teachers I have had. We took quite a few private lessons with her, and both made a major progress, so we highly recommend her.

Careson is quite a big house with a few suites (that have private bathrooms and fridge in the room) and regular rooms. There is a beautiful courtyard, where you can sit outside and enjoy the weather (unfortunately, we were able to do this only the last couple of days of our stay as the weather got warmer).
Our suite was great, facing the courtyard, very bright and quiet. There is a big nice sitting area in the house with lots of reading material and a computer. There is also a perfectly working wifi throughout the house. If you want to make lunches/diners yourself you can use the kitchen and everything in it – we took the advantage of this option. Also, kitchen is always a ‘meeting point’, where you would meet other guests of the house, chat, share experiences; we enjoyed that very much.

The house is located in the safe and pretty area of Buenos Aires and is only 5 minute walk from the bus and subway stations, which was very convenient. It takes only 30-35 minutes by subway to get to the center. But Microcenter was not my favorite part of the city – too noisy and busy with traffic and very polluted. I really liked Ricoletta and Palermo Soho, both with plenty of cafes/restaurants and nice trendy shops.
The best and fastest way to navigate BA is subway. The subway system is quite extensive and has very big coverage, but it closes quite early – around 11pm. And it looks like the last trains are free: the ticket offices were closed and gates were open (at least it was our understanding).
Taxies are quite cheap, so we were using those a lot when going to milongas at night.

Room Tip: There are a few suites in the house that have in-suite bathroom and fridge. Other rooms have private...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I came in a few days later than Terry M who wrote an aboslutely truthful review and so I would rather focus on the fact that it being my first time in BsAs...they assisted me in navigating the whole area and even helping me out by giving me tips on how to save on my commute. I got lost a few times but the walk back helped me lose a few unwanted lbs. The location is in a pretty safe area , near to bustops and the local Subte and since BsAs is awake at night, walking home sometimes alone is not scary.The owners and staff are very warm, and always there to help out. It is the perfect place for solo travellers as well as those who are new in BsAs. I arrived there early August (winter) and the cold was not harsh at all. You will find yourself meeting different people from different backgrounds, and this adds to the charm of the place. Although, I must say, don't expect first class amenities because it is a bed and breakfast. If you want a home, tango information, travel tips, good company, a hearty breakfast in the morning ...Caseron Porteno is the perfect place. My vacation was full of beautiful memories...thanks to Daniel, Cinthia, Maria Jimena and their staff. By the way, my tango friends were amazed at the amount of information I had on milongas, practicas and the Mundial festivities which the Caseron had.This is the difference in staying in a B &B compared to renting an apt. Plus you don't have to pay a huge security deposit.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the garden and on the first floor if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Nosotros(Luis Javier y Clara) recomendamos altamente hospedarse en Caseron Porteno sus duenos Cinthia y Daniel le brindan al huesped calidez en todo aspecto nos sentimos como en casa Caseron Porteno es un rinconcito alegre y pintoresco sus hermosos jardines te invitan a disfrutar de tan acogedor lugar y que decir de los deliciosos desayunos que te brinda Maria . A Daniel Cinthia millon de gracias por tan inolvidable acogida y por su amabilidad igualmente a Georgina su asistente

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple