All reviews florida street puerto madero very nice hotel welcome drink business district business hotel minute walk per day rooms are spacious coffee machine reception area breakfast buffet easy access convenient location business trip wi fi walking distance
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We stayed here for just two nights but we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel which is beautifully designed and in top condition. Unfortunately we did not try the breakfast which looked delicious.
Our room on the 9th floor was very spacious with a huge, comfortable bed and a large shower room. I appreciated the high tech gadgets: all lights and the air condition could be controlled individually with a panel next to the bed and there were buttons inside the room to indicate "do not disturb" or "please clean room". When everything else in the hotel and in our room was exactly as it should be these things were small pluses that added a little comfort to our stay and made us smile.
We used the small sundeck once and it was not as claustrophobic as I had thought. There is not much space but there were not that many people either. However, given the small space available a good spot in the sun cannot be guaranteed.
A few of the staff were not very available to help (without being rude or anything) but most of the staff we encountered was courteous and helpful and overall it was a very pleasant experience.
I would have appreciated complementary WiFi. The principle of paying extra for WiFi in a hotel today is as ridiculous as paying extra for TV or towels.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I booked a room very last minute for this hotel and was not disappointed. I needed somewhere close to the BuqueBus terminal to get to Uruguay and it was definitely as close as you can get!

The room I had was wonderful - VERY comfortable bed, very large room, great breakfast selection, nice little additions like a chocolate next to your bed, bathrobe, complimentary drink on arrival. Very nice touches.

The staff weren't overly friendly, but they were helpful enough (and to be honest I may have just been biased because I've had such excellent service in other hotels in BA before).

Considering I got a room much cheaper because it was last minute and there was a deal online, I thought it was DEFINITELY worth the money, but if I had to pay full price, I can safely say that I know there are better deals around Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Liztiz1
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed here only one night before taking the ferry to Colonia, Uruguay. The hotel is only a 5 - 10 minute stroll with bags. The hotel was really very pleasant, the decor in the foyer was upmarket though I don't think the hotel is new, a small bar area and breakfast room look out onto the pool and outdoor courtyard. Our room on the 3rd floor looked out onto the street but was quiet with little noticeable traffic noise. The large room contained two comfortable double beds with crisp linen and pillows in good condition. A desk and chair, armchair, flat screen TV and mini bar. The room was nicely decorated. The bathroom was smallish with shower over the bath with glass screen, toilet and bidet (this area could be closed off with a folding door). Basin and mirror can be accessed whilst bath in use which is quite good. The bathroom seemed a little dated though it was clean and more than adequate with bath sized towels, toiletries and hairdryer. My only minus would be the carpet in the room and hall seemed a little stained and oldish. There are two free computers for guests use in the foyer. We were also given a drink voucher for the bar which was a nice touch. English is not a first language here though we always manage to bumble through, and one of the doormen had good english and local knowledge. The breakfast was good with the typical European cheese, ham, breads and pastries plus eggs and bacon and fruit We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had 3rd floor front no problems, so possibly the higher the better or pool view if you are really worried by the slightest noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Nice hotel, adequately located near important touristic attractions and business areas. It's not one of those enormous hotels, but just good enough for you business and amusement needs. Very close to Puerto Madero area, decent walking distance to Recoleta and other nice plan ,es to visit, such as Casa Rosada, Cathedral, Obelisco and the busy Florida street. The staff is very friendly - receptionist, bell boys and people at hebabr - hotel is neat and clean with very comfortable rooms. Don't get wrongly surprised as you arrive, somehow it does not look from the outside as the nice place it is once you get in. As many flight options from the south to US would depart at night they offer you options for late check out. I overall liked the positive attitude of the hotel staff. Highly recommendable place!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mauricio M
Reviewed 12 July 2012

i stayed in what i thought was a highly rated hotel... i needed a place to work and make an international business call to the US... the hotel itself is very nice...

before making my call, i requested pricing... i was quoted a rate for the call of AR$ 11 for the first 5 minutes... and AR$1 for each minute after...

When I checked out, I was shocked to be presented with a bill for AR$2200 for the 90 minute call...

I was informed that the rate I was quoted was for a different type of call, and that the bill was correct. No amount of conversation would get them to honor the price quoted...

I am now informed of how the Regal Pacific does business... I thought you should be too..

Room Tip: it's not worth the fee for the upgrade to the Executive floor... there is virtually no difference, unless you consider renting a bathrobe for U$S 30 a night to be worth it...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business