Review Highlights
Tigre Delta Cruise - Wow!

My wife and I are from California, and have cruised on the Sacramento Delta, so we kind of expected... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
DrewS1358
Outstanding!

We had excellent tours both of the city and of the Delta with Tomas. He is incredibly... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Camper250831

All reviews delta tour history lesson gato blanco private boat boat trip la boca recoleta cemetery local perspective great sense of humor view of buenos aires argentina history an excellent guide his knowledge personalized tour visiting buenos aires horse ride unique experience
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Buenos Aires, Tigre and the Delta (Plate) One day trip with my entertaining Tomas Hughes from early AM to 7PM.
Two sailors spend a fantastic day in Tomas's power boat exploring the Delta at high waters. We had the opportunity to enter the tiniest channels and exploring the wilderness. Had an amazing lunch overlooking the river (explore it with Tomas, you will not be disappointed!!!). Tomas knows the history, the geography and the stories behind the scenery. If I have the chances I will make another reservation with Tomas and spend a day on the water. Great fun to chill out this way.

2  Thank lsk2018
Tomas H, Owner at Bonaventura Trips - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Lars!
Thank you for your nice words! Appreciated!

I hope to see you again!

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 April 2018

In our hotel (Casa Calma) we asked for a tour around Buenos Aires during our two days visit to that city. The receptionist contacted Tomás Hughes, who offered two trips: One ~2 hours trip around Recoleta Cemetery and one 8 hours tour around the city (with stops at various sites). We chose the cemetery tour.
Tomas picked us up in front of our Hotel. The first station was the La Biela cafe in front of the cemetery, where Tomas provided us with a short insight in the history of Buenos Aires, together with coffee and mate cocido.
After that we started our tour over the cemetery. Tomas really, really know a lot about its history and the location of various graves, for which he could tell a lot of interesting and nice stories.
He even lead us to the grave of his family, which gave this tour a personal touch.
After the tour around the cemetery he took us with him in his car, showing us Recoleta and other parts, explaining further nice details.
Finally he left us in front of a nice backyard full of plants where you can find a small tea shop, not forgetting to propose some further beautiful sites to visit beside the standard ones.
We enjoyed the tour with Thomas a lot, in the end it was way more time than initially planned. Tomas is really excited about his city and can tell a lot of exciting stories. Without him, Recoleta cemetery would have been another search for Evita Peron's grave, now it was a really cool tour.
We can fully recommend tours with Tomas, next time we might take the full day tour.

Thanks to Tomas for this wonderful event.

Date of experience: April 2018

Hi Christian!

Thank you both for your interest in our History and Culture, that is essencial for us that guide!

Take care!

Best!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

My wife and I visited Buenos Aires for the first time in March. The city is large and diverse, so we wanted someone to help us discover the most interesting neighbourhoods. We took a private city tour with Bonaventura Trips.

Tomás Hughes, our charming host, provided the perfect introduction to Argentina, Buenos Aires and the best neighbourhoods in the city. He picked us up right on time at our hotel. He asked us if we were interested in learning some of the history of the country and the city before our tour, to help us better understand what we would see. Over coffee at La Biela, a great cafe near the Cementerio de la Recoleta, we got a brief, passionate history lesson. This helped put into context everything we saw the rest of the day.

We spent the remainder of the day with Tomás, driving through the city, walking in key neighbourhoods, enjoying a great lunch - all at a pleasant pace. We were returned to our hotel by 6:00 pm with a much better sense of the city and the areas we wished to explore further.

Buenos Aires is a large, fascinating city. If you want to get a true introduction, so much better than from the top of a tour bus, we would highly recommend spending a day with Bonaventura Trips.

1  Thank Mike W

Mike, I appreciate and thank you for your words.

As I usually say and think we guides, no matter where in the world we do our passion, we are very pleased and honour when there is a connection, both in the same channel exploring...

Till next time!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Top marks for Tomas. Had arranged, what I'm sure would have been a wonderful day, a few months ago. Would have been going next week but sadly I have had an accident, broken my wrist, and have been forced to cancel my entire trip as I cannot fly. Tomas has returned my deposit straight away, no fuss. What a gentleman and much appreciated. Will be re-booking everything, especially Tomas, as soon as I am fit and well.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Sarah M
Tomas H, Owner at Bonaventura Trips - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Elizabeth Sarah,

Thank you for you review, I appreciate it.

You sent me an email, with several days before the tour, mentioning your accident, therefore, I return you the pre pay deposit as I believe I should do.

I hope you are getting better.

Keep the spirit!

See you next year!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had two amazing days with Tomas!! Our first day was a custom created estancia tour that included horse riding, helping/ watching gauchos round up the cattle and an Asado. Tomas went above and beyond to create this unique experience for us! This was one of the best days of our entire trip.

The second day was a river Delta tour. We had loved the relaxing (but informative) boat ride and restaurant lunch. We can’t describe in words how much fun we had with Tomas. He has the best personality and is full of information! We were sad to say goodbye.

1  Thank Juneaumerk

Hi Brett!

That was a guauuuu tour, I say! Intense! Fun! Intense! I never gallop so much and fast in my life...
It was great!

We made some good videos of the Delta, also!

Take care!

Hope to see you both soon!