“Engagement celebration!”

Ranked #3 of 6,362 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$ 90 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Colombian siblings Santiago, Camilo and Laura Macías, created this fine dining restaurant to bring the best gastronomic flavors from the Caribbean coast of Colombia to Buenos Aires. Santiago is the chef of the restaurant. Laura and Camilo will be your hosts. Every Tuesday through Saturday evening, we offer a seven-course tasting menu in which you will discover different flavors and ingredients of the latin american cuisine, paired with the best Argentine wines. We are located in a beautiful house in the Villa Crespo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Reservations are required and can be made by phone or email. We invite you to discover new flavors and enjoy a completely unique gastronomic experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My fiancé and I went to this restaurant on the night of our engagement. He had pre-booked a reservation which I obviously knew nothing about. The restaurant is classy and ambient and the waiters are formal and very attentive. We had the tasting menu paired with wine and each course was a new delicious taste of Sth America. We live in Colombia and have had arepas and empanadas many times, but no one has served them with this new modern fusion like "I Latina". We had ceviche, quail and beef cheek and it was all absolutely stunning. If you are visiting Buenos Aires you should make a reservation here. It was a dinner I will never forget.

1  Thank Alicia H

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had the tasting menu paired with wine. It was one of the most delicious, inventive meals we've ever eaten. Dishes were conceived with ingredients and methods of all of Latin America, from Mexico and south. Each wine was special and fabulous. The service is lovely and was completely in English, except the one waiter who forgot we were English speakers and spoke only in Spanish. But it was really not a problem. This is truly a great restaurant, worthy of comparison to some of the greats the world over.

1  Thank Earlyguy
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I dined here on our trip to BA and we were blown away; from the moment we arrived at the gated villa, everything exceeded our expectations. Being from New York City, we hold pretty high standards, especially for higher end, expensive tasting menus, and we were not disappointed. These were not "stuffy" dishes that you may find at a $500 a head French Restaurant - they were familiar dishes, with a unique flair, elevated to the highest degree. From the get go, the artisanal homemade breads knocked our socks off, and each course was better than the one before it. I have to suggest doing the wine pairing as well, as each complimented its corresponding course perfectly. I can't say enough good things about the meal.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing evening at i Latina. Food was spectacular and wine pairings to match. It was my wife’s birthday and this will be a very memorable evening for years to come. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The atmosphere is superb - a great old building with unique charm re-purposed for fine dining in the heart of Villa Crespo (not your normal Palermo scene, in a great way). The staff are lovely as well and also quite knowledgeable. The first 2 passes were excellent - bocaditos and ceviche (probably the best I've had in BA, even better than La Mar in my opinion). However, instead of a constant rise in quality, there were a few plates that lacked the extra 5-star punch. Ending on a great note with quality, house-roasted 100% colombian cafe. Overall great experience, but make sure to bring your fat wallet.

1  Thank nicole_waites