1,439 results
All reviews el mercado experience managers tango show library lounge rojo tango red velvet philippe starck pool bar beautiful hotel trendy hotel the puerto madero area business trip empanadas spa unicorn argentina hip
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I didn't stay in the hotel but I asked to visit the common areas since I love the architecture of the building. Staff is really friendly and the smell of the place is from another world. Simply amazing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Nando_uk1

It is tremendous pleasure to read such a nice comment on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of our team, thank you very much for your kind words and we look
forward to welcome you back in the near future as a guest or just for a drink....

Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed in the Faena hotel as this hotel is part of the company program. My overall experience is good, reception staff is friendly but does not seem professional in cases for taxi arrangements.
I have arranged with the reception 4 times taxi for the Morning to take us to the meetings, my college twice. 4 times the taxi did not come on time, or did not know we pay wit cards or was not informed at all about destination. I do not know the taxi ordering process in the hotel - can not be so magic - but do not understand when our credit card details were given at check -in, and we were asked every single time with the time and destination to be given with the order, how did we hardly manage to get a taxi to get to the meetings on time and why the drivers were not informed about card payments, etc.. Yes, I know, there is a big traffic in BA, but not at 8 am, and the taxi should come 5 minutes earlier, as it is a ppreorder from previous day, so than not we need to wait 10 minutes or so and ask to double check, but the driver should be on time. Sorry: as this was a business trip so this matters. Also the hotel ordered a taxi to the airport w/o informing us, that the price is a fix price, no meter: 1200 ARS, which was unacceptable and we did not pay this amount. Basically we had to bargain with the driver, who stopped 1 miles away from the entrance to arrange our payment.
I find from the reputation of the hotel point of view the handling of the taxi orders very poor. My suggestion would be to use: Remis Universal or similar quality companies instead of the Radio Taxis for quality and security. Guest trust locals, this was the reason we used taxi ordered by the hotel but very disappointing.
Restaurant/bar staff, housekeeping, spa was excellent also the stuff at the entrance door.

Room tip: room on upper floor not to hear the late night show and be able to sleep
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hanga1
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Hanga1,

Thank you very much for sharing your most recent experience at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires. We are deeply sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us, due to the taxi service.
We take your feedback very seriously and I have shared all the issues you described with my managers.

We hope to have the pleasure to see you again in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stayed here and another property while in Buenos Aires. It was a great, Argentinian authentic experience. The food in the restaurant was phenomenal, the library had a super fun scene at night, and the tango show was the best in town. Would definitely stay here again when I come back.

Room tip: 4th floor, facing the river was really beautiful.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Krystinacoyle,
It is tremendous pleasure to read such a nice comment on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of our team, thank you very much for your kind words and we look
forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Faena Buenos Aires is a hotel with a soul. Being greeted warmly upon our arrival from a long flight was refreshing. The front desk agent and porter both extended the upmost hospitality. We arrived hours prior to check-in time and they made sure we were comfortable, allowing us to begin enjoying the city. The “Rojo Tango” Show is a must, buy tickets when you arrive, this is a small intimate setting and one of the top highlights of our trip. The food at the hotel was phenomenal and the lobby bar always a happening place to end the night. The scent of the hotel is mesmerizing and the rooms are beautifully decorated. I would recommend Faena over any other hotel in Buenos Aires.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dade_Traveler,
It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is through such
thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired
to provide impeccable service each day.
We were delighted to read that you had such a great experience at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This hotel really separates from the rest of the luxury hotels in Buenos Aires and some around the world if you are looking for a unique luxury hotel. From it's brick building, beautiful grounds, the unique mix of styles in the decor, the details, the views, the smell, the library bar, the mercado restaurant, the mirrored elevators, that funky vintage vibe but with warm feel. We had a very nice and big suite overlooking the pool with beautiful views of Puerto Madero. The bed was OK, wasn't surprised by the quality of sheets and the feather mattress seemed to be shorter than the mattress, for this hotel level it could have been better. The library bar is a great place to hang out and have a drink or two. The bartenders weren't very friendly at first but got better after some drinks and chat. LOL! There was a live band which was nothing out of this world but a plus for the ambiance. We had a couples massage at the spa. The private room was lovely with a marble jacuzzi full of red rose petals. My husband loved his therapist, mine... I had better ones. I enjoyed the haman at the spa and is huge! The relaxation room was tiny, with only 7 +-lounge chairs, not much space to walk around and there weren't any hangers to hang our robes. Check in at the spa could have been better, not very friendly. Breakfast at El Mercado was the highlight! Amazing selection and quality. I would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Cami Masdeu,
Many thanks for taking time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
It has been a great pleasure to welcome you to the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and “Superb and Unique” is a tremendous compliment for us.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon.