“Excellent Service and Great Location for Business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Tower

Park Tower
Ranked #28 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Service and Great Location for Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here for 4 days with Cash and SPG points. Staff is excellent and Club level has afternoon amenities daily for free. Location is very close to port and subway with easy access to downtown. Great for business but a bit of a hike to any tourist attractions or shopping if walking. Lobby is classic luxury collection and rooms are all updated, very large and large bathroom. Free Internet w/ SPG gold or higher. All the staff knows your name and very helpful with all bookings. Will stay here again for business, for leisure, might opt for Sheraton Liberator or Hyatt Palacios Duhau.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luvtosafari
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you very much for your comments made in Trip Advisor, regarding your experience during your last stay at the Park Tower Buenos Aires Hotel. We are so glad to exceed your expectations. We look forward to host you soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I would never stay in this hotel again.

This was my first trip to Buenos Aires. I asked for a taxi at the official airport taxi stand, and about 10 miles from the airport the driver stopped (under an overpass on the highway) to demand 500 pesos. Immediately after I begrudgingly gave it to him, he handed me back 140 pesos, claiming that I had given him 10’s instead of 100’s (even though, I ONLY had 100s). I knew it was a scam, but didn’t want to be stranded on the side of the highway.

He demanded money yet again (a 200 peso ‘driver fee’) when he dropped me off ACROSS the avenue from the hotel in the pouring rain (and incredibly, tried again to claim I gave him 10’s instead of 100’s). I wanted my luggage, so the trip wound up costing me 5x the normal rate. That’s $230 USD total, if you’re counting.

When I walked into the hotel, a bit shaken up, but with the license plate number and description ready to report, the staff nonchalantly told me that I should wait and report it when I get back to the airport (9 days hence). I realize that they are not responsible for the wealth of crooked cab drivers in Buenos Aires (circuitous routes, accelerated meters, counterfeit change, blatant shakedowns; we got them all). But the fact that it’s SO common to steal from foreigners that nobody even cares, is pretty unsettling. I thought the hotel staff would immediately call the police; instead they dismissed me.

Despite this being a ‘luxury’ hotel that costs $240 USD per night, there were a host of other issues;

• The temperature controls in the room were locked on air conditioning (even though it’s winter here). The 2nd time I asked, someone came and fixed it.
• The desk lamp had a unique type of plug – but the outlet was broken, so while at the desk, I had to work in the dark.
• I realize this was a mistake, but my room service tray one evening had a FILTHY cloth napkin on it. Like it had been used as a handkerchief; absolutely grotesque. Again, I know it was probably an accident. But paying $50 USD for a SNACK and wiping your mouth with and encrusted napkin before realizing it was caked in debris, is completely revolting.
• The Park tower is connected to the Hotel Sheraton and they share a bar. Trying to get service there, even while 90% empty, has been an exercise in futility. I had to walk up to the bar and order myself another drink every single time I wanted one. It would sting less if local beers weren’t $10 USD EACH at this bar. Side note; attractive women have no problem being served.
• This is not their fault, but the neighborhood is lousy. There’s nothing to do, a wealth of shady characters (there’s a bus and train station nearby) and nothing fun within walking distance, so you always have to take pricey cabs and risk the revolving door of crooked cabbies. Do not stay in this area unless you absolutely have to (stay in Palermo or Recoleta).

Most of the staff – the people who work very hard for little money – are extremely friendly, and I almost feel guilty giving the hotel a poor review, since I would never want it to harm these gracious, hard working people.

But the fact of the matter is, I am having this location permanently removed from my company’s list of approved Buenos Aires’ hotels so that none of my colleagues are ever forced to endure such a series of indignities.

Room Tip: Be a starwood premier member or dont bother.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank adam r
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Park Tower for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your experience during your last stay with us; constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.
You will receive a personal letter from our general manager with the respective apology regarding your experience in the hotel.
Best regards.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I just returned from a six night stay at the Park Towers in BA. The service was the best I have experienced at a Starwood property and is comparable if not better to Claridge's Hotel in London and the Four Seasons in New York. I list those other properties not to be pompous but to give readers a sense of prior experiences. Our smallest needs were attended to, the staff were warm and friendly without being unctious, and the advice and guidance we received from the concierge desk was very useful. I would like cite two employees among the many who did wonderful work - Augustine at reception and Mr. Gallo at the concierge desk who went beyond the call of duty in being helpful and embodying what defines service at a luxury hotel.

The rooms were luxurious, the beds terrific, the views very nice, and for BA, extremely quiet. The hotel is well located in Retiro.

I can't comment on the food, since I took breakfast a block away at one of the many cafes (Havana, Starbucks, etc). But they have a lovely cocktail hour with a pianist from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

I returned to the states with a favorable view of BA, and I know my experiences at the Park Tower contributed to it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard_from_Dallas
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you very much for your comments made in Trip Advisor, regarding your experience during your last stay at the Park Tower Buenos Aires Hotel. We are so glad to exceed your expectations. We are going to congratulate those persons that you have metion. We look forward to host you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms, walking distance to everything, lovely rooms, access to the joining hotels facilities which was great! buffet breakfast was good but the service was slow & they constantly ran out of food. My phone was stolen out of my hand as I approaching the end of the drive way out of the hotel, there is security but they are at the doors of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Linda_12_10
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We are terribly sorry for the theft.
We hope to have you with us again.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was our 4th visit to BA and our second stay at the Park Tower, and it is still wonderful. Great location! We were able to walk to many of our favorite things. The hotel is still elegant, quiet and clean with great beds. The bathroom fixtures are beginning to show their age, but that is very minor. I swam in the indoor pool this time, and, while it is small, it is fine for a stretch; the water was very warm. The weather was too cool to use the outdoor pool, which looked a little bigger. I wanted to review this property again so that I could mention the very excellent service we received from Agustina, one of the concierges. While planning our trip, we wrote to the hotel for help in setting up airport transfers as well as a day trip outside of BA. Agustina's response was prompt and efficient, and she absolutely understood our needs. Car & driver were excellent. She made great recommendations for activities and meals, and she helped make our trip a huge success. We will definitely stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PoisonPrincess
, Manager at Park Tower, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Park Tower Hotel. It was nice to hear the Concierge. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.