2,176 results
All reviewswithin walking distancehotel is locatedindoor poolinternet accesscalle floridabars and restaurantsrooms are largebusiness tripgreat roommini barreconquistapuertodeskgaleriassaunausdrecoleta
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Melia is a perfectly adequate if uninspiring hotel. The best part was the room, which was a a very good size, with lots of space, an enormous bed, good-sized bathroom and with everything you need. Good wi-fi in the room and St Patrick's night celebrations on the street outside showed the good sound-proofing in the room. The one downside of the room was all the food and drink on display to purchase which made the room look like a shop.

The rest of the hotel was OK. The bar is in the reception area, which was a bit odd as both are relatively small. The 1st floor has quite a spacious coffee area. Breakfast was OK.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We visited March 22-24. Melia is supposed to be a name brand luxury hotel and resort chain. This location is not that at all. We were excited to see a very reasonable price on Expedia when our plans changed last minute and we ended up in Buenos Aires earlier than we had planned. When we checked in we were told that in order to accommodate the family being on the same floor we had to have three twin beds in a room and 1 king with a twin. We agreed even though my husband and I would not be able to share a bed. My parents would take one of my kids and we would take the other. After checking in we went to supper and returned with no extra bed for either room. We called and asked for one in each room and they only brought one. Being exhausted we decided to share a twin bed with one of our children. Two people in a twin bed! The bed itself was the worst mattress I have slept on in a long time. It was as hard as the floor. It wouldn’t have helped much to have a comfortable bed because I still wouldn’t have ended up with a good night’s sleep. The noise from the road was awful. The street is lined with the 20 something bar scene. The music goes on until 1 or 2 in the morning. Why on earth would you put anyone on the 2nd floor with that going on!? The room itself was filthy and old. It had stains/ mold from water damage on the walls, peeling wallpaper and chipping paint on the bathtub. I guess it’s possible that we got a good price so they put us in the worst rooms they have to offer. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I have been in Argentina for 2 weeks and this was the worst 2 days of my trip. I am going back to the states with zero sleep from the 2 nights stay at this roach motel. Stay away!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had an overnight stay before catching a cruise. The hotel was in a good location for shopping. The room was large and very clean. The self service breakfast was adequate with a variety of food and drinks.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank LynPppp
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Ok hotel. Very centric. Close to shopping mall Centro Pacifico. Restaurant very full for breakfast and not very good. Had to stand in line for coffee. Eggs were terrible.
Rooms are good, clean and comfortable. Would look for anther hotel next time. We were not charged for internet.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights here prior to boarding our cruise ship at the Port a short taxi ride from the hotel.
Room...spacious, nicely appointed, quiet, two comfortable chairs plus two desk/game table chairs.
Lobby... gorgeous, marble or granite floors with mahogany wood finish trimwork. Plenty of upholstered seating areas. Doorman with top hat to greet you. Bellhops courteous and efficient.
Restaurant...beautifully presented...full breakfast included. Tons of choice selections...breads, eggs, sausages, fruit, cheeses, juices, coffee, teas, etc. etc.
Would definitely rebook here if we ever return to Buenos Aires.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple