5 people are viewing this hotel
$47
Hurb$61
Hotels.com$55
travelup.com$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2019

The hotel has a glossy front with chandeliers and black leather, cream décor in the lobby and breakfast room and that's where the gloss ends. Room very basic and strange décor.... bathroom, including the shower area is freshly painted. Very amateurish - no masking tape used, paint all over the bath. Plus when you shower, it gets wet anyway. However, the worse is the lack of thought to safety. There were piles of sheets on the stairs, which is the emergency exit. Left there overnight so if there was a fire and you had to leave, you would be tripping over a stack of bed sheets. If I had booked more than 1 night, I would have left after the first. There is free wi-fi but my anti virus said it was an insecure site so I didn't use it

Room tip: Avoid at all costs
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jill P
Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

The front desk staff (both day and night) were all very nice and helpful. The location is very nice in Recoleta, but the rooms were as basic as it gets. “Luxury” it is not. The hotel has charm, but is in need of renovations and better air conditioners. However for $69 for the night, I really shouldn’t complain too much. If it was the “Basic” Boutique Hotel, that would be more accurate.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 707johno
Reviewed 30 December 2018

The hotel staff is very kind but the hotel's elevators need renovation urgently, there was always at least one out of service, Another issue was the shower stall, very small - an elderly person or a large one could not enter it. The location is great! Walking distance from the 9 de Julio Avenue and other tourist attractions.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachsilva
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

I was beyond excited to stay at this Boutique hotel in Buenos Aires, a trip I had been looking forward to for weeks. When I arrived to this hotel all of that quickly faded. We asked for an early check in if it was possible, and the hotel representative said that they could not guarantee it but it could most likely be possible. We arrived at the hotel at 7:30 AM, and we were told that the room would be ready by 10:00. 10:00 turned into 10:30, 10:30 turned into 11:00, and 11:00 turned into “just a few more minutes.” We we’re told that once the room was ready we would be called over to retrieve the key. We only got to our room at 12:00 PM, which meant that we we’re waiting in the lobby of the hotel for over FOUR HOURS. When I finally had enough I went to the front desk to ask for an update on our room and he told us that it was ready and we finally entered. I stayed optimistic and hoped that the room would take my breath away, but sadly it did not, infact it did quite the opposite. The room was dated, messy, very dirty and there was no actual closet. The bathroom was, frankly, ugly...and many of the components of the room straight up did not work. Buenos Aires is a beautiful city I would recommend to people...but this hotel is one that I would not.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 11 December 2018

I spent two nights in this hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My first encounter was the staff apologising to two other guests. This didn't bode well. It took ages to check me in and once in the room there was no hot water, no toilet paper and the hairdryer didn't work. When I told the staff there was no hot water they said yes that is right, there is a problem. Well why didn't you tell me when I checked in 30 minutes ago??
Then I ordered a car for 5am in the morning and asked if I could get room service at 4.30 (coffee and toast). 4.30 that afternoon the room service arrived. The morning I left the hotel the hot water was luke warm at best. When I told the staff, he told me there was nothing wrong with the hot water and I must not have let it run long enough for the hot water to come through. Well actually I had an almost cold shower so I know there was a problem. How rude!
Yes this hotel is in a good location but there are a number of other hotels around so I recommend you try one of those.

Trip type: Travelled solo