2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$54
Hotels.com$49
Priceline$56
Orbitz.com$49
Tripadvisor$49
Trip.com$59
All reviews boutique hotel plaza dorrego bars and restaurants argentina district
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for three nights. It was functionel but not at all luxurious. Rather hard bed. No windows in the room. The smallest pool I have ever seen. Very poorly maintained.

However Buenos Aires was wonderfull and we enjoyed ourselves

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ulrikfralyngby
Florencia L, Gerente at Hotel Patios De San Telmo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review!
We are very sorry about your experience staying with us!
Although, I have to say that we are not a luxury hotel. Our hotel is distinguished by the patios, our recycled bedrooms and the atmosphere full of art pieces.
Thank you once again for your comments. We will consider them in order to improve our service.

Reviewed 11 March 2019

I loved the architecture of this hotel and its location was great. San Telmo is a good place to base yourself if you want to wander BA and it's safe and near some good attractions.

The room we were in was on the ground floor and had just what we needed. A good size room, clean and a large bed. The staff spoke very good English and were very helpful. I would definitely stay again as a base in Buenos Aires. It was also good value for money I thought. The bed was large and like many hotels, it was a double made up of two smaller beds (and mattresses). The problem was the definite 'gap' between the two mattresses. It was uncomfortable and so my girlfriend and I were 'separated' in it.

The downsides: breakfast was okay(ish). I thought it skimped a bit from other hotels I’ve stayed in during my South America trip. Orange juice for instance was not real orange juice but either a squash or one made from powder (I am speculating). I thought this was bad since in Argentina there really isn’t a shortage of oranges. The biggest downside for me was intermittent and very slow internet access. It drove me round the twist and made my planning (eg booking flights and other things for my trip) very difficult. I found it better to use wifi on the street. Of course, my review can only be based upon my experiences for a short period of time. The points I have listed are issues which may vary from time to time (unlike, for instance, a location of a hotel) and so the issues I experienced may not be issues for other travellers.

I would have given a much higher rating but for the internet issues. This may have been a 'one off' but it really did frustrate me. Shame because this is a great hotel with lots of potential.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank olafjsy

We are very happy to know that you had a great time with us!
We will consider all your suggestions in order to improve our service.
Regarding your comments, orange juice is real (not powder) and we are changing the mattresses for a better sleep.

Reviewed 10 March 2019

We had a lovely stay. The staff are great and the bed really comfy. Perfect location to explore. Would advise if you go to Almacen tango show just see the show, the meal before wasn’t great. But lovely place to stay would happily stay again

Room tip: Bathroom bit of black mould and for price would have expected more options for food/drink
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Global41574051835

Reviewed 27 February 2019

The hotel is very well located in a rather quiet street, not far from the "Mercado de San Telmo" and "Plaza Dorrego", where we could enjoy a tango show outdoor (Sunday).
The architecture of the hotel is interesting and is a part of the charm of the place. Helpful staff.
Good quality-price ratio.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 23 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Patios de San Telmo for 3 nights & were disappointed by several aspects of our stay. The rooms were tiny, which is maybe to be expected in a major city. But the mattress was completely collapsed on one side & the floor made our feet dirty just walking around the room. In the mini bar fridge we found an open can of Sprite (we didn’t open it).

The breakfast was very ordinary - one morning there were no clean glasses for juice, despite 4 people working in the cafe and only around 10 guests in the cafe.

On the day of arrival, workmen stopped us accessing the pool, so we assumed it was closed which was a shame in the hot summer weather. But it turned out it was open & there was nothing to advise we could enter via another entrance. We were also ordered by the duty manager to remove some damp items we were drying on a chair at the front of our room, even though there were dozens of chairs in the shared patio area.

The only positives were the hotel’s location within walking distance of Plaza de Mayo and San Telmo restaurants, and it was very quiet.

There would be other better options than this hotel, so recommend avoiding this one!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.
We are very sorry about ypur experience staying with us.
We will consider all your suggestions in order to improve our service.
Hope to see you again very soon.