“Worth a visit ”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Philippine, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: Welcome to Sunae Asian Cantina! Cocina Sunae is now called Sunae Asian Cantina. Starting Wednesday, Dec. 30th 2015 at our new place at Humboldt 1626, Palermo. Open Monday through Saturday evenings. We are no longer a closed door restaurant.
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Sunae twice during my stay in BA and have loved both meals. The pad Thai while not traditional was very good. On my second visit I had the pumpkin khao soi which was so amazingly good, with just the right amount of spice, that I plan to have it again before I leave the city. Highly recommend

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Food is mind blowing. I have tried every single appetizer. My favorite is the pumpkin khao soi.
The place is not cheap, but totally worth it

Reviewed 22 March 2018

As a viet/paki-american I'm a little picky when it comes to my asian food. Especially because Houston has one of the best foodie scenes in the world. This place was amazing. So much flavor, which I needed in the bland land of Argentina. I love you Buenos Aires but it's true. A girl needs her spice.
It's kind of priced high for what I'm used to, and the portions aren't extremely filling, but I would definitely have gone back if I'd had the time.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We went without a reservation, they said they only had a spot at the bar for us. We doubted, but agreed, because she said we could move to a table once there was one. We received the menu, I immediately noticed that the prices are higher than on their website (= not ok!!). We ordered. Then I saw people leaving a table, but the waitress gave the table to other persons without reservation who were waiting instead of giving it to us. (not ok!) I got a great Pho, nothing to complain about. My partners curry was ok. I love asian food (even worked in a thai restaurant) and was glad to go to this restaurant, but didn't leave happy...

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Great Asian food in this beautiful restaurant. Nice atmosphere, great whines, friendly staff! Also very clean!