“Loved it”

Ranked #1 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
HPC
“Loved it”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent - from the front desk staff to the restaurant to the perfect beds. I will stay here again on my next trip to BA (assuming it isn't completely booked out months in advance due to increasing popularity).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed at Fierro Hotel for 2 nights, and like the area (Palermo Hollywood) it’s located in, the hotel is incredibly designed- sleek and trendy. The superior room is very spacious and has one of the most comfortable down-pillows I’ve ever had at a hotel. I also got to take advantage of the sauna on the rooftop (there’s a heated pool up there too). The stand-out quality of Fierro is the restaurant inside (Hernan Gipponi). With your stay, you get a free breakfast (which is super important when you have a big day of sightseeing ahead of you) in their comfortable and beautifully designed restaurant. The included breakfast is not like your average buffet or cardboard tasting eggs, you get a full menu of orange juice, celery & apple juice shot, tea, coffee, fresh bread & croissants, and eggs in any way you want it, bacon, brie, and hummus on toast. It’s the best. I loved the food here so much that I ended my trip with their insanely delicious and affordable chef’s tasting brunch (only 120 pesos for 8 courses!). I wish I could pack up the HG kitchen home with me. Comfy bed + amazing food in a super cool space, what more can you ask for.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I spent 3 nights at this wonderful boutique hotel in Palermo. we spent one night in the Terrace Suite (only one night was available), which was A M A Z E I N G! A huge room, with sitting area and an enormous terrace equipped with a huge hot tub (with available bubble bath) and a quincho (built in BBQ). We used the hot-tub even though it was a chilly June evening, but did not use the quincho. I plan to go back in two weeks and stay at the Fierro and have a little BBQ get together with some Argentinean friends.

We then switched to a regular room/suite for 2 additional nights, which was also very spacious. As one reviewer mentioned, the shower stalls are a bit on the small side.

The package I booked included a 9 course tasting dinner at the hotel restaurant. Really very very good, a close second to my all time favorite Gary Danko en San Francisco. We paired it with wine (not inlcuded in the package) and were quite happy with the wine selection.

Breakfast is also amazing. Eggs cooked to order, a wonderful foam yogurt, and fresh breads and juices.

They did have a little snafu on one morning, the hot water tank somehow got emptied overnight (I'm guessing someone left the hot-tub running all night), so there was no hot water available for showering. The staff was apologetic and tried to offer a solution (use the showers available by the swimming pool that had their own hot water tank). But I had already taken a cold shower, brrrrrr. I assume this was a one-time issue and I understand that these things can happen.

As far as the location, it was in a quiet area of Palermo, with not much around, but taxis are inexpensive and plentiful.

I highly recommend this hotel for a truly romantic stay and a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Go for the terrace suite if you are going on a romantic get-away!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I arrived from Austin, Texas July 1st for vacation and stayed 6 nights. Picked Fierro based on positive TripAdvisor feedback. Experience was incredible. I travel frequently and have the opportunity to stay at nice properties. Hotel staff was incredible - all areas: housekeeping, restaurant and conceirges/receptionists - Nick, Miguel, Cristina and Ana. I'm fickle when it comes to customer service (since my job requires I provide high customer service). Very well run operation by the manager (Julian).
Very clean (could eat off any floor). Was initially skeptical about the restaurant (am a "foodie" - but don't want to leave hungry). Fear of having insufficient food was unfounded. Hotel $ rate included breakfast. Vast array of items offered at breakfast. OJ (fresh squeezed), unpasterized milk, eggs cooked to order (had ham/cheese omelet every day), bread/danishes, fruit cup, yogurt, bacon, etc.. Asked for refills on juice and milk (provided without hestitation).
An amazing example of exceptional service occurred Sat Jul 7th. While walking in the Japanese Gardens (noon on a bright/sunny day) I was scammed by 2 elderly lady pickpocket team (took ~ $300US in pesos + my credit card). Dejectedly returned to hotel to clean up/cancel credit card (2 person team threw birdpoop on me then "helped" clean me off - including the contents of my front pocket - travelers beware). Anyhow, upon arriving back at Fierro Julian asked me how my day was - when I told him what happened he was amazing! Called me in my room shortly afterwards and invited me as his guest to the hotel brunch (which was terrific). The care/support provided made me feel like I was part of the family!!!
Only critique I can offer is I wish there were more english-speaking TV channels (sports and news). Mentioned this to Julian - they're working to resolve.... Requires additional (and costly) hardware in each room to get more english-speaking stations (note: they do have english movie channels that gave me several shows to watch at any given time). HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Suggest room "in back" (not adjoining street). Givens you nice view of neighborhood and o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kurt C
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We were just visiting buenos aired for the weekend, we arrived very early at 8am and were very happy to check in early to our room. Nicholas at reception was very helpful with all our needs including the amazing breakfast delivered to our room in the morning! Our request for a late checkout was met with a 4pm checkout, perfect for me as my flight out was at night. The room was gorgeous and very clean! We really enjoyed out stay and have recommended to friends and family, we will definitely stay at the Fierro again!

• Stayed June 2012