“Great hotel, terrible service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Awwa Suites & Spa

Awwa Suites & Spa
Ranked #81 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Great hotel, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The hotel is nice, but unfortunately the service is terrible. Lucas, the guy at the front desk, is too rude to deal with passengers. While I was checking out, he answered the phone and checked if a restaurant was opened for another guest. All that while a taxi was waiting for me (and I was being charged by the driver). When I told him I had to leave, he told me I couldn't because I had to sign a receipt (one I requested almost 20 minutes ago). I made him see everything would have been ready if wouldn't have missed time and his answer was: I do what I can. As said, too rude for a hotel front desk!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vale610
AwwaSuitesandSpa, Manager at Awwa Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Vale,

We infinitely appreciate that you have contacted us to be able to receive some feedback from our guests about our services. Regarding your comments we are making our best to improve our services and making sure that our staff will get the corresponding training for improving and getting much higher than your expectations. Hope next time you come to Argentina we will have the pleasure to receive you again in our Hotel, being sure that we’ll fulfill your expectations.
Hope you have a nice day.
With kind regards
Magdalena Scaffino - Operations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spend last weekend in Awwa. Location is really good, only minutes away from local airport and half a block from Libertador avenue, that makes it really convenient to move in-out and around Buenos Aires.
Rooms are decorated in a cool way and attention is paid to details. Front Desk service is excelent, service oriented and fluent in other languages.
Parking although not part of the hotel building is 100 meters away. Convenient, though not perfect.
Only one negative comment: when checking out, the person next to me complained about the price of a bottle of water which was far beyond what you would pay in Paris...

Room Tip: Aim for the higher floors, less noisy in the big city. Don't pay for the breakfast included rat...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carlos C
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the AWWA for 5 nights and had to change rooms, so I got a look around. There are 9 floors with each room number offering something a bit different. The best rooms end in the number 1, like 701, 801, etc. but they do not have a balcony. The balcony rooms are a bit smaller, but the big draw back is that they face the street and can be loud. Two things that keep this from being a 5 in my book. 1) Very weak internet service. In fact this is the reason I changed rooms. They tried hard, but could not make the internet work on the top floor. 2) Breakfast. The cafe offers a fixed price breakfast which is double the price of the cafes along the street and the coffee was awful! The good news is that there are many great neighborhood cafes, a laundry, you name it within a few steps.

Room Tip: The best rooms end in the number 1, like 701, 801, etc. but they do not have a balcony. The balcony...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank joelinda
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was visiting my daughter in Buenos Aires the last two weeks in February, and chose this hotel based on customer reviews and location. I was not let down ;o) Stayed for two weeks and loved it! Great room, great facilities, helpful staff, lovely standard, nice neighborhood and close to the beautiful Japanese Garden and the Palermo woods. Would love to stay here on another visit. I had a room on the 5th floor facing the street, but there was not much noise.
I had booked without breakfast, but ordered room service some mornings and it was superb. Also tried the washing service and it was great value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Good:
Great neighborhood, beautiful and peaceful. Close to excellent restaurants, markets, stores, museums, tourist attractions... Great room too.
It was possible to negotiate a special check in and check out time to match with our flight schedule, which were extremely important for us who were traveling with a baby. I thank them very much for this.
Bad:
They should separate smokers from non smokers guests in different floors. A smoker neighbor bother us, lucky it was our last day, otherwise I would ask to exchange rooms.
The cleaning was not so good, there were dust in the kitchen furniture and china, and it wasn't possible to walk barefoot in the room without have your feet grey! The rooms doesn't have carpet, which is an excellent thing to allergic guests, so they should make this a main strength of the hotel improving the cleaning.
The breakfast, as so much guests related, there weren't so good. Just a few options and there weren't low fat option at all. There are great and so very lovely cafes in Buenos Aires, is better to have breakfast in different places or cook it yourself, although it's not so much practical. Much better than bet all your coins at Nucha.
I didn't use the pool and the spa facilities, so I can't rate it.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker guest, ask for non smokers neighbors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family