“The best day of my life”
Review of Caballos A La Par

Caballos A La Par
More attraction details
Owner description: Just 30 minutes away from Buenos Aires city, you can enjoy yourself horseback riding, learning and having fun. At unique and amazing Forest Reserve, you can be in touch with nature riding throughout thousands of acres of a paradisiacal landscape. All our activities and services are 100% EXCLUSIVE, PERSONALIZED AND TAILOR-MADE. Caballos A La Par is a Horseback Riding Stables and an Equestrian Training Centre whose main objective is to help you develop your riding skills and confidence (regardless of level from absolute beginners to the more proficient/advanced). Only the owners (who are also the instructors) will ride free "side by side" (means in spanish "A La Par") alone with you, your family or your group of friends. We don't ride on trails and the horses don't follow each other !!!. Our place also have a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. We invite you to share this exciting adventure with Caballos "A La Par", a Different, Unique and Rewarding Experience. Caballos A La Par provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back and is open everyday of the week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am American and I am thirteen years old.The experience was beuatiful. The surrounding is amazing, all around you is green trees and grass. If you are lucky you will get to walk in the water while you are riding the horse. The coaches are so kind with you and when you do something correctly they say good job and that makes you happy. They have horses that are so nice and calm. And they even teach you how to trust the horse by making you trot on the horse without needing to hold on with your hands. when you leave from spending the day with Adrian and Miriam you will want to come back. Miriam talks English, Spanish, and Holand fluently. So do not miss out on this beuatiful adventure. I will defenitly come back.

1  Thank daniel g

Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I went to BA for a week long trip. We love doing outdoor activities and this was the perfect activity for BA. We got out of the city for a day and enjoyed a great morning at Caballos A La Par.

These are private riding sessions (they only have ONE group at a time, and never mix groups). This is in order to ensure a great riding experience that is personalized to every group. I had never ridden off of a trail before, but by the end of the day I was cantering and could control the horse.

Adrian and Miriam are great teachers and excellent hosts - very hospitable and very knowledgable. They make sure each rider is safe and truly love what they do. This will be one of the best memories of BA.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I did a lot of research into other options before I decided to try Caballos A La Par. I knew I did not want a very structured situation in an indoor arena. I did not want a trail ride in which one horse plods behind another horse. I ride a little at home, and I've had many lessons over the years in different disciplines. I knew that I wanted to learn and to ride outside, on horses that are well-trained and well-taken care of. This place -- Caballos A La Par -- was all I wanted and more.
The experience began when Hector, one of their drivers, picked me up in Buenos Aires, and drove me to the stables. The trip took about 45 minutes. The stables abut an incredibly gorgeous, huge park. The owners/instructors/guides, Miriam, a lovely woman from Holland, and Adrian, a native Argentinian, met me at the stables. They grew up with horses and are expert riders and teachers. After very successful careers in the "regular" business world, they decided to leave the rat race and devote themselves to a small, individualized operation in the countryside outside Buenos Aires. They are both passionate about horses and about teaching -- and it shows in all they do.
To begin with, we had mate and merienda together, and they asked about my riding experience. Then we went out to meet the horses. The two leaders had prepared three of their sixteen horses for us to ride together. First, I was given instruction in the small area near the stables. Then we headed out into the park. They watched me carefully, and gradually they challenged me with trotting, cantering, and then galloping. I was given freedom to ride, but also many useful tips and helpful advice to improve my riding. Adrian and Miriam were warm and kind, and we laughed and talked -- but they also gave me wonderful instruction. In fact, I would say that I've never had better instruction. The park in which we rode was awesome -- although we apparently only rode through about 5% of the park. The horses were in top condition, calm, and extremely well-trained. I'm usually a little nervous about riding a horse I don't know, but I was not nervous at all with any of the three horses. After riding, Miriam and Adrian and I had something to drink and a snack again, and they showed me pictures and video they took of my riding they will send me later. Then I was driven back to my hostel in Buenos Aires.
The A La Par experience was my favorite experience by far in Argentina, and one of my favorite experiences in all my travels, anywhere. Miriam and Adrian are 5 star people. Their horses are amazing (people are often asking to buy one of them, but they are never for sale). Their instruction and company were fantastic. The park was fantastic.
This was an absolutely amazing experience.

2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My partner had organized this activity as part of a romantic getaway. Both of us had no prior experience with horse riding.
What made Caballos a la Par so special and interesting is that this is not your average amusement park train ride where you end up as a "passenger" on a horse. Here you truly take the initiative and become a rider.
Adrian and Miriam did a fantastic job, being encouraging but at the same time gently pushing us to actually learn a lot in a very short time. Each of us received individual coaching and learned a lot about horse riding. They are great teachers but also warm and generous hosts. This was a truly memorable experience!

We took the lesson in Argentinian winter (July) and dressed well for the cold-weather. But as you'll be working hard, don't overdress of use layers so you can loose one or two if appropriate.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

A much easier way of riding than in England (personally, only a short time riding as a very young girl in the UK). A fulfilling achievement doing a 'hands free' canter that I did not think that I was capable of! All lessons, I believe, are very different one from each other, based on individual needs from absolute beginners to experienced, which Adrian assesses beforehand and as the ride takes place. This is 'riding' not just 'sitting' on a horse, expect a quality, professional experience. Responsive horses with super calm natures that love carrots!!! Some riding stables can be a 'cold' experience but the Caring & Compassionate way that both Adrian & Miriam take care of their horses, like family members, is infectious and added very much to the FUN day out that both my sister and I had. Loved the style of stirrup, saddle and the 'cool' & stylish protective riding hats. Beautiful and spacious mystical forest surroundings that added to the feeling of well being and the joint connection with the calmness of the open air and Adrian & Miriam's horses. A wonderful & exciting time, full stop and would highly praise the ethics and philosophy surrounding this wonderful team.....