“Wonderful Evening with Dinner and New Friends”
Review of Casa SaltShaker

Casa SaltShaker
Ranked #6 of 5,588 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$ 80 - US$ 80
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Description: Welcome to Casa SaltShaker. We offer a unique dining experience, sharing a table with other guests at our home in Barrio Norte. The setting is casual and the conversation lively. Our food is eclectic with a Mediterranean base. It's all about meeting new friends over good food and wine.Bienvenidos a Casa SaltShaker (Salero). Ofrecemos una experiencia gastronómica única, compartiendo una mesa con otros comensales en nuestra casa de Barrio Norte. El ambiente es informal y la conversación animada. Nuestra cocina es ecléctica con una base mediteránea. Se trata de conocer nuevos amigos y sobre todo de gustar buena comida y buen vino.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

While planning my visit to BA, I was intrigued with the Closed-Door Restaurant idea, and chose Casa SaltShaker, because it was at the Chef's home. I made a reservation for a Thursday night knowing that it could be changed, if there were not enough reservations for that date. This did happen, and Dan was very good about contacting me via email and leaving a message at my hotel concerning the change of day. Luckily, I was available for the alternate date. It was one of my favorite meals in BA. The five course menu with wine pairings was incredible...loved the brussels sprout bisque soup, home made pasta, and cheesecake. What a delight to share this meal with six other interesting travelers. Since my traveling partner had other plans that night, I was single, but the communal table brought everyone together through lively conversation. Chef Dan and Henry were superb hosts, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in BA.

2  Thank RSR246

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We wanted to try the portas cerradas while in Buenos Aires and what an experience!
We enjoyed everything, the food was good, the wines were excellent and we were lucky to share this meal with other same minded travelers. Henry did great with the service, very efficient. Dan also shared with us his knowledge of the local way of doing things. This will remain as a great memory when we go back home.
We would recommend this experience to anyone who is open minded and does not mind having dinners with perfect strangers

2  Thank Liany
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My husband and I wanted to eat at a closed door restaurant and selected Casa Saltshaker. The evening we were there we only had 2 other couples (6 of us in total) and we all had good conversation through the whole evening. I let Dan know at the time of booking about my food allergies and he made some great substitutions for me that still allowed me to have the full taste of the meal. Some of the dishes were magnificent and overall all were good. The wine pairings were great and we had a sample of Argentine wine that ranged from sparkling to dessert. We are definitively glad we went and would recommend to others.

2  Thank Kellious
Reviewed 29 April 2018

From aperitif to dessert, our first closed door dining experience at Casa SaltShaker was awesome. We were lucky to be joined by a great group and the conversation and wine flowed smoothly throughout each of the 5 delicious courses. Henry's service was very attentive and Chef Dan took time at the end of his busy meal service to sit down with us and join in on the conversation. We would highly recommend adding dinner at Casa SaltShaker to anyone travelling in BA.

3  Thank Josh B
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

What a treat - amazing food, cozy atmosphere, and meeting folks from all over the world. A true gem in BA great for solo travelers

1  Thank gez434