“Good mexican food. Good drinks.”
Review of Taco Box

Taco Box
Ranked #1,128 of 6,358 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Good mexican food. Good drinks. I recommend Margarita or Mexican Bulldog (drink for 2); and for eating La Botana, which is for 2 (a mix of different mexican tacos, burritos and quesadillas). Upstairs is usually for large groups or family with kids. They have a terrace and tables in the sidewalk. Do not accept credit card but debit card. Table service should be improved. They usually have 2x1 in some drinks. Would recommend it. You have to pay table service per person.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

As a solo traveller this was perfect- bar area serving food, cocktails & shots. I chose the Chicken tacos and they were satisfactory if not a bit too sour creamy. Cocktails were tailored to suit my tastes, so I was happy. Plus the staff were friendly. Note- accept cash only.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I find this place to have a very poor management strategy, thinking only in themselves and not in their customers. The fact that they do not accept credit cards in Argentina and only doing CASH business, when the country is showing signs of recuperation, shows how selfish they are. I do hope that more customers turn away from giving them their business as I did the o their day

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We love a Mexican meal and we trundled here as we were sick of the nasty restaurants around the theatre district - could kick myself for not sending the 'not so sizzling' chicken fajitas back but we waited about 40 minutes and we were starving and if truth be told, 'too english' to complain - To be honest I think originally they must have been 'sizzling' but they sat waiting to be served for ages - a lukewarm chicken fajita dish represented a nadir in eating out of our month long trip - I yearned for a plain old jacket potato with cheese after leaving the restaurant and we had dodgy bowels the next day - on the plus side the staff were lovely, really friendly and not to blame for this unfortunate meal

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We set out for a lovely night, our intention flip a coin at every corner to choose which direction we go until we find somewhere we'd like to eat. Luck obviously wasn't on our side on that particular evening.

Firstly, we had hoped that this would be a traditional approach to Mexican food, we were wrong. The food had little spice and was rather tasteless. Meal sizes were small and the complimentary drinks we were given at the start of the night, were not complimentary.
Service was below average, it seemed like they were avoiding us from the very beginning, they placed us outside at the furthest table from everyone. Which made it very difficult to get their attention. I spent 10 minutes trying to grab someones attention!

I do like the decor of the place and despite my poor experience there was a nice atmosphere around the other tables,for that reason I have given them a second star.

That being said I can't give them another, the food was overpriced, tasteless and the service poor. Maybe I attended on a bad day, but I shall not be heading there any time soon to see if it was.

1  Thank IntrepidTom