Open today: Closed

from US$ 130.00
from US$ 70.00
from US$ 19.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We were recommended to Frank's Asado Adventure by friends on our cruise ship, and even with the bar set high, we were not disappointed. What an amazing and different time we had - just what we were looking for! We got to see Frank's house, walk the streets of Palermo, visit some markets and a wine bar (for some tasting!) - all on the front half. Frank was such a good guide and host - being an expat from Chicago but now immersed for 20 years in the Buenos Aires lifestyle! We learned so much about the culture, the Palermo area, the people, the food, the wine, and more!
And then, back to Frank's oasis in Palermo! We had earlier got to participate and make some roasted pecans and some chimicurri sauce! Then we sat down to some appetizers and Fernet & Coca Cola. Quite a different drink! Finally, a wonderful Asado meal cooked to perfection by Max and served out in the patio on a beautiful sunny day. Thank you Frank for a great time. We hope to get back to Buenos Aires and if so, would do your craft beer tour! I

1  Thank pasowine
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Asado tour and having me show off the neighborhood and the house for the day. I would love to show you some of the best brew pubs in the city, nestled in an off-the-beaten track residential neighborhood when you come back to Argentina!

Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

My friend and I really enjoyed our day with Frank walking around the Palermo Viejo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Would highly recommend any of the tours he offers!

Date of experience: January 2020
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for leaving your recommendation! I also had great fun spending the day with both of you and I greatly appreciate you recommending me on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 13 January 2020

We simply cannot recommend AsadoAdventure highly enough. Every part of the experience was enjoyable and a perfect way to spend a day in BA. It was the best way to take a deep dive into traditional Argentine food and its preparation as well as Palermo Viejo's history and its rich tradition of street art. Our group, even the teens, was engaged in all parts of the day, including the food preparation and firing up the asado.

Frank is an excellent tour guide and a generous host. He was patient when the kids got peckish on the neighborhood tour so he led us to an excellent donut store that made everyone happy. His home is beautiful and our group of three families felt very comfortable in the kitchen, living area, and outdoor patio. The afternoon culminated in a truly fabulous and authentic Argentine meal and experience.

Communicating and scheduling with Frank was seamless before our visit. He is incredibly resourceful and was very helpful to us before and during our time in BA.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank jennifermB7526UP
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave these very nice comments. I'm so glad I was able to help out with some of the other activities you chose as well as the information you requested.

But the best thing for me was to be able to spend the day with your family and seeing how even the teenagers loved the food even though they didn't know what some of it was (note: the parents instructed me not to tell them what they were eating... and they loved it).

I had a lot of fun showing you around my neighborhood and hosting your group in my home. Thank you for sharing the day with me!

Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Our group of 10 had an amazing day with Frank. From being welcomed into his stunning “hidden gem” of a home, to exploring the neighborhood, to sharing a delicious meal together - we loved it all. This was a perfect way to get to know Buenos Aires, Argentine culture and history, and most of all the range of food we could expect during our upcoming week in the country. Our teens were engaged and the adults were fascinated by Frank’s knowledge and stories. Definitely a great day for all-ages. And best of all, the food was simply amazing. Thanks again, Frank!

2  Thank saganama
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Thank you so much for visiting with me! I loved it that your group not only didn't let me tell the teenagers what they were eating, but the teenagers themselves loved all of the food, they tried everything on the menu and some of the items were the first time they were trying. I loved seeing that happen before my eyes. It was a real treat hosting your family in my home.

Reviewed 12 January 2020

Frank is the ultimate host! We met at his house, which is lovely, and moved on to prepping some simple foods and then a fantastic street art tour. After many great sights, we visited a grocery and a wine shop. Frank has invested a lot of time in his research about the neighborhood and the murals. It enriches the experience. We came back to much food and good conversation. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you so much for the very kind words. I'm so glad to hear that you liked everything from the food, to the street art, as well as the conversation! Thank you for spending the day with me eating, drinking, and exploring and for taking the time to share this review.