Open today: 10:30 am - 3:30 pm

from $95.00
from $155.00
from $77.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

What an amazing experience this was. Please do yourself a favour and make this one of the first things you do when visiting BA. Frank and his team made us feel so welcome and we learnt a lot about the neighborhood as well as the Argentinian way of preparing food. We came as visitors and left as friends.

1  Thank Liezel R
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear Liezel, thank you so much for the kind words and even more so for choosing to tour with us. We also had a great time and you were perfect guests! I got to share some of your anecdotes about living in South Africa with my own family. Like you said, it was like having lunch with a group of friends.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

I had the opportunity to experience an Asado Adventure meal and cooking lesson hosted by owner Frank and master griller (asador) Max. As an expat living in Buenos Aires who has eaten at dozens of parrillas and a number of closed door meals, I would rate this a first class experience for visitors, expats, and even locals.

What made this a fun, educational, and comprehensive Argentine Asado experience:

-The Asado Adventure is hosted in a beautiful loft in Palermo SoHo that has an open kitchen, and patio in the back with grills for cooking the asado. You will eat your meals sitting outdoors in the patio.

-Upon stepping foot in the beautiful loft, you are greeted with fernet & coke and cheese and charcuterie plate. Tandil salamis are the best!

-Learn how to prepare the grill and sauces for cooking

-Neighborhood walk to the local mercado (grocery store) and stores to purchase meats, bread, and wine

-Learn about Palermo SoHo's history, parks and squares, street art, artists, and graffiti

-Full meal including appetizers, salads, meats, and dessert paired with Argentine wine

-Pass around the mate (tea)

I would have loved for the Asado Adventure team to spend a little bit more time showing me how to prepare and cook the asado. The good news is Frank's team follows up immediately with an email that has recipes and links.

Frank and Max the master griller (asador) were engaging, knowledgable, and personable. Thank you Frank and Max for an amazing Asado Adventure experience.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We arrived at a nondescript garage door to be ushered into a large open kitchen/family room with a door leading to a garden area that contained the BBQ was to be created.

Frank explained that we would be helping (?) to buy, the ingredients, then prepare them for our lunch. We were joined by Gus who took us to the local shops to buy the remainder of the food while giving us a tour of the local street art and explained the cultural background of the area.

We were then joined by Max who was the master of the BBQ and oh what a meal did he cook for us. Pork, Beef, Offal (something I usually refuse to eat) and cheese along with the Mango salad (my wife helped to prepare) a potato and egg salad followed by a local sweet all washed down with wine and other dinks.

A meal fit for king or any Argentinian family.

I thoroughly recommend this "adventure" to anyone visiting Buenos Aries. We left with the feeling that we had dined with friends and I left without leaving a tip. Maybe next time.

Date of experience: December 2016
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Bake50,

We are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves and that we got to spend the afternoon with you. We also felt like we had a nice afternoon with friends. I will share your very kind comments with the team.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

This was a great experience if you want to learn more about the tradition of Asado in the argentine culture; perfect for us! From the welcoming staff to the walking tour, from the first bite to the last sip, the experience was outstanding. Special appreciation to Frank, Carla and Max for making our day special and delicious! A not to be missed experience!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We were on our first day in Argentina and wanted to understand cooking in the Argentine way - summarised as "Asada" = charcoal / wood barbecue.
The area of Soho is a must for anyone visiting Buenos Aires - once a residential grid of streets lined with trees - now a thriving area developing lots of trendy and chic shops and restaurants - all alongside the original community. It's full of atmosphere including street art.
Frank is a longtime resident of the area and is a great host - his home is an old bread factory so it really has its own atmosphere - we loved how he had made use of the huge central space too... out the back though is the secret to the special ambiance.. a courtyard garden with the barbecue area.
We met the excellent specialist chef (he speaks some English) and Carla who works with Frank (both have perfect English).
After learning the secrets of the Argentine sauce Chimichurri.... we went out with Carla for a visit to Soho. We went into various shops and bought our meat, bread and (excellent) wine (this was all included). Also we saw some of the street art which is all across Soho... some grafitti idiots are spoiling this a bit but there's still plenty of good work.
Then back for lunch with Frank and Carla... we spent 16 days in Argentina and this was the best meal we had anywhere... many thanks to the great chef who showed us how he was cooking and shared his secrets.
2 bottles of superb red wine disappeared as did the great food.
Many thanks to the team, we learnt so much on a perfect start to our holiday.
My only advice to any future 'Adventurers' is let Frank know what you want to experience - he will be able to give you a great day.
Highly recommended
Chris and Tamsin

Date of experience: October 2016
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Hi Chris and Tamsin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to share your review with Carla who I'm sure will be very pleased and appreciative. I do hope you get to make your own asado back home and that you would be able to take a parrilla back with you. I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction as to how to even contemplate taking a grill back home with you. Remember that you can always reach out to me with any questions you may have.