“Peru in a small corner of Buenos Aires”
Review of Status

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

i was really wanting to try a peruvian dinner & this restaurant caught my eye on my last night in Argentina... arroz chaufa de mariscos summed up my evening (a mountain of rice filled with huge shrimps & other seafood). waiters are also attentive, the place isnt that big but u will see the chairs filled with people from different countries. must be really a popular one. highly recommended!

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 6 March 2015

This restaurant is close to Plaza del Congreso, small, a family run business, quite unfriendly and impersonal. We decided to go there to try something different in BA, but it was a completely waste of time.
Unwelcomed and with some dirty chairs, we just wanted it to be over.
Food is just average but price is very reasonable.
The fried squids were seared and the ceviche was good.
Won't return.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 4 January 2015

This place is nothing special to look at the toilets could do with a clean but the staff were friendly and the food was good. The value for money was excellent with a bottle of house wine costing 3 pounds and still very drinkable. We went twice!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I enjoyed every bit of it. I am Peruvian and was here on business. A co-worker recommended this place and I am very glad I went. Everything was perfect. Tasted good, service was great and the price was right. Earlier in the week I tried Mullu a trendy Peruvian restaurant and was extremely disappointed. It was also very expensive. I plan to go back to Status before I leave Buenos Aires. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank Gisela P
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have gone here a ton of times while I was living in Buenos Aires, and it is my favorite restaurant in the city. The prices are great, they have a wonderful selection of wines, the service couldn't be any better, and the desserts are always perfect. I never had a bad experience here, and after traveling to Peru, I can verify how authentic the cuisine is. I would recommend the papa a la huancaina to start, share a ceviche as the main meal (the portions are very generous), and end with a suspiro. I have never tried their meat dishes, but really nothing disappoints here!

Date of visit: August 2013