“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

What a great little find! Simple menu, friendly staff, tasty food. Fun location at small airport. Attentive waitress kept our iced teas full... even additional ice!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Steeped in aviation history and friendly beyond comprehension. This little cafe/diner/restaurant in Marana is worth the detour if you're going between Phoenix and Tucson. Unpretentious but well prepared food with a super friendly and accommodating staff. Aviation memorabilia adorn the walls and are well worth your time to peruse. Prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Headed out of Tuscon in the early morning and looking for a new place to have breakfast. The Sky Rider came up when I did a search, well it is not exactly close to the freeway but well worth the extra six miles we had to backtrack. The food was excellent, hot, prepared to order and served quickly.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Watched pilots disembark, while eating breakfast. Service could've been friendlier. Our meal was cooked perfectly. Interesting decor on the walls. Located at the Marana Regional Airport. A popular spot in Marana.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Call it a bad day, bad timing, new cooks in training - whatever, but all I can do is review this place based upon the food and service we encountered at the time we were there - not what could have been.

The wife and I were promptly seated at a table up near the counter service area. It was a Saturday lunch crowd and based on the seating seemed to be about average in so far as customer volume goes. We were given our menus and asked what to drink. The menu itself was typical fare for that type of place, nothing out of the ordinary. The waitress returned in a little while with our drinks and we asked for a little more time on what to decide for our lunch.

Myself growing up on the east coast with such places as White House Subs, Delaware Sub Shop and Sack O' Subs I decided to go out on a limb and try their version of a cheesteak. The wife followed suit with the same order. Yeah, mind you living in the middle of the desert my expectations are always in the basement when it comes to ordering a cheesesteak in this neck of the woods (or any place much outside of the tri-state area for that matter) but I only think it's fair when you're offering to duplicate something it should at least be researched first before printing it on the menu and be in the ballpark in so far as taste. It's not rocket science.

But rewind the tape here slightly...the beginning of the end came when we saw two people leaving before being served due to a long wait time (we overheard the conversation). Then there were a couple of gentlemen sitting off to our right who jokingly talked to us also about how it had been and they still weren't served. Our wait was almost 40 minutes.

So 40 minutes to have two short rolls with one layer of gristly, fat, thick sliced some cut of cheap beef plunked down in front of us with cooled off fries and a pickle. I'm not even to get going on how they failed on all the technicalities of a cheesesteak (the biggest failure being the cut of beef they use) but I will give them kudos for actually topping it with melted provolone. But that's about it.

My gut told me to go for a burger but I'd thought I'd change it up since after reading all the rave reviews on here I thought I might be pleasantly surprised. I was, just not in a pleasant way.

After hacking down both my sandwich and the wife's since she refused to eat it (okay - she ate the roll) we cashed out after getting our 10% discount and left.

Usually I'll give a place a second chance if the food was good but the service rotten but since the Skyrider struck out on both accords I refuse to go back if ever out that way. The place was decorated in accordance to an airfield and I must say the staff was pleasant but it just didn't do enough for me to win over the horrid wait time and even worse food, despite getting a 10% discount on top of it all.