Hotel Karbelsun
Hotel Turk(Oludeniz)
  • Bar/Lounge
White Hotel(Oludeniz)
View Hotel
All reviewskarbel sunnext yearturkeybar staffhotel dogdeluxe roomsteak nightthe main stripair congreat holidayblue lagoonplenty of sunbedspool arearestaurant managerbars and restaurantsrooms are basic but cleancard system
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Fantastic staff hosted by Memit, Omar and all the bar staff. the rooms are good and clean and well mentained by the staff every day. The pool is clean and fantasic and the whole hotel is fantastic price if you are on a budget, but dont let that fool you, the breakfast is very good and the balcony above the hotel gives a fantastic view of the paragliders while you eat your breakfast all the while in the sun. Will t=return hopefully soon.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank alanmcclure2007
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I booked this hotel for myself and 3 girlfriends. We booked directly with the hotel as you get a fridge included, but if you book through a 3rd party you have to pay £3-4 a day for a fridge. Air con was also included, which even in late September came in useful.

HOTEL~~~Great! Staff were friendly, but not over friendly if you know what I mean.
The swimming pool was lovely and clean with plenty of sunbeds. You're not meant to reserve sunbeds, but there were a few who put their towels on them first thing in the morning. But I guess this happens at most places.
The hotel grounds were kept spotless by a very attentive gardener, who always said hello when he saw you.
2 of us use a mobility scooter to get around and found this hotel to be fine. The only problem I had was that I couldn't get mine into my room as the step into my room was slightly too high. But it was safe to leave it outside on my terrace. When I needed to charge the battery, I either carried the battery into my room or I charged it up in reception.
Breakfast is served upstairs, so you have to leave the hotel via the main restaurant and go round to the front of the hotel and re enter via reception. This wasn't a problem.
The Karbel Sun is at the top of the strip so you don't get kept awake with music from the bars. But you might get woken up at 5 or 6am by the mosque calling people to prayer, but hey this is all part of the holiday experience.

ROOMS~~~These seemed to vary. For some reason I was upgraded to a deluxe room (lucky me, thank you Ali) and it was massive compared to those that my friends had been given. They all had standard rooms, but they were quite happy with them. The bed was a little on the hard side, but that's just my opinion, other people might find it fine. The bathroom was great with a superb shower, it didn't seem to matter what time I had a shower, there was always hot water.
The maid was lovely and changed my bed linen and towels regularly.

FOOD~~~Compared with another hotel I'd stayed in in Oludeniz the choice at breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of fresh bread, eggs boiled and scrambled, some sort of sausage dish that I didn't try, plus cold meat and cheese plus the usual salad stuff and of course water melon, a good selection of jam, honey and chocolate spread.
We ate in the main restaurant twice during our stay and the meals are very reasonably priced and were very tasty.
When you check in they give you a card, whenever you buy something from the bar or restaurant it gets added to your account. So there's no need to take your purse with you to the pool.

THE AREA~~~Well what can I say.....IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
The reason I've now been to Oludeniz 3 times is not just because I love it or because the people are very friendly, or because the food is yummy, but it's VERY easy to get around if you use a mobility scooter or a wheelchair.

The biggest dilemma you'll have is choosing which restaurant to eat in as there are so many to choose from. My favourite is Sultans which is almost at the bottom of the strip on the left hand side. If you like a "frappe" then head down to Cloud 9 which is right at the bottom of the strip. You can sit and watch the paragliders landing whilst enjoying a gorgeous iced coffee.

If you've got younger children, on the main beach the sea can get a little rough for them. But you can ask reception to phone Billy's Beach which in in the Lagoon and they will pick you up in their minibus free of charge and return you to the hotel. The sea there is very safe for young children.

WOULD I GO BACK~~~YES! YES!! YES!!!
I'm already looking into flights for next May and September

Room Tip: If you want a little more luxury and a larger room, upgrade to a deluxe room. Rooms facing the pool get the morning sun.
4  Thank Rainbow1957
Reviewed 20 October 2016

What can I say very basic my room wasn't being cleaned I complained and nothing was done, my bedroom view was a wooden fence and side of building, the walkways could of had better lighting. Bar staff spent more time on phone or eyeing up the young blonde girls, I found him sat behind a wall looking and whistling at the girls (creepy) location was nice I can give it that, hotel could do with a lot of work doing to it.

Room Tip: Upgrade don't go deluxe
Reviewed 19 October 2016

our room was a little smaller this year but clean the shower could have been bit bigger but ok weve stayed here 5 times and going back again next year the staff are always there to help you only have to ask and its there nothings to much trouble

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This was my first time In turkey and had a great time, this hotel is ideally situated and you get very little noise from pubs and restaraunts that back in to it, I was in a standard room although basic it was very clean and bed very comfortable, it was cleaned daily and towels changed every 3 days had no complaints about the room, I had a pool view room which was lovely, hotel staff all very helpful, we were bed and breakfast, mot a huge selection at breakfast but I believe that's your standard Turkish breakfast what was there was all fresh, lots of places round about the hotel to eat but we chose to eat In hotel on 2 nights it is very reasonably priced and they have a set chicken menu and set steak menu which was very good value for money, snacks through the day very reasonably priced and really tasty, the grounds of hotel and pool area were spotless, I fact the grounds are beautiful, can't forget to mention Lucky the hotel dog, he is lovely I know not everyone likes dogs but he doesn't bother you, you will often find him in reception area, looking forward to returning next year