“Very convenient. Basic amenities.”

and 1 more site!
Manila Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Paranaque
Reviewed 28 May 2012

You cannot beat the convenience but if you are fussy about ambience and charm, you will not be happy. Charming it ain't but adequate for a night of transit it is. A 5 minute walk with carry ons and if you have heavy bags, a fast pick up and drop off service is available at no charge. WiFi is good and only 150 Pesos for 24 hours. Cable TV, small minibar and room phones. It is just fine for an overnight transit. There are a number of small restaurants very close by including a KFC in the same building. The included breakfast is dreary but adequate and the service ok but hardly overwhelming. The only problem is that they never seem to respond to Internet reservations. Fortunately I have friends in Manila who book for me on the phone but if I were depending on the Internet, I would be afraid to stay since though I have tried to use their Internet booking service many times, they have never responded so I never know if I have a room reserved or not. For a hotel that depends on people who are transiting Manila that is definitely not going to attract customers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Sunnyguy61

Reviewed 5 May 2012

old hotel but price is not cheap, water from the tape smells funny which I feel funny after taking a shower and insist on using bottle water to brush my teeth. Location is just close to airport with free shuttle which is the only good thing.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you have other choices on your list
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EddieLeungHK
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Let's try to be objective:

- We arrived around 9pm. Travelling with our daughter (2yo). At the airport some lady from the hotel told us the shuttle should arrive in 10min. After 30min no sign of the shuttle and no lady anymore. Very humid and hot outside so after 40 min we gave up. To avoid the long queue for taxi we had to take a fixed fee taxi (500 peso for 3 min ride). Was pissed of... So when the driver delicately suggested a tip ...
- Room is basic and certainly not worth 50US a night.. 25 TOP for this kind of room. I have been travelling backpack style in the past so I don't expect the shangri la but when you ask for 50US and you don't even provide better accomodation than a youth hostel there is a problem..

- Room was clean

- Service was basic too but I have to be fair by saying that the staff was trying. Needed hot water for the baby and we had to go to the staff room at the far end of the corridor on third floor where they had an old micro-wave.. But as I said they made efforts..
- Next day the shuttle took us to terminal 3 which we discovered is 30min away with the bad traffic. Why bothering taking an hotel near the airport.. Anyway I just realised philippine is way back in terms of service compared to thailand..

Last word: IF you travel alone and IF you have all the time in the world and IF they do a half price promotion and IF you like KFC, yes this is the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank yac o
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We've been dialing thousand times of hotel direct line which was posted on official website, no one picked up and we ran out of patience after 1 hour standing in the humid air of Manilla terminal 3, the 3 mins driving costed us 300 peso which was out of expectation.

The room was okay, much better than the Tune Hotel of LCCT, at least this is a standard hotel room, the window set AC was quite loud but you couldn't imagin sleeping in the night of Manilla without AC, the bed was okay for one night stay

The morning call was punctual and the general service was good, the 5:30 bus heading to terminal 3 was pre-arranged and totoaly complimentary as it was stated.

Breakfast is acceptable, some fried rice, eggs and spring roll.

Always ask the reception when you should get up for check-in, trust them and it's crucial.

Some KFC and chinese restaurant right in front of the hotel, with a grocery store plus money exchange, the rate was .05 lower than terminal 2

I would consider come back again if I need one night stay transfer at Manilla.

Room Tip: 3A8 was okay
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SIYUANMA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Manila Airport Hotel sort of by accident. I mixed up the two airports when making my reservation, and should have stayed closer to the Ninoy-Aquino airport. I thought I was staying across the street but as it turned out, it was a good 30 mins from the Ninoy-Aquino airport to the hotel (although we waited a long time for the shuttle, it was free).

First impression was not great. It was 6 am, and we were very tired after traveling through the night with kids, otherwise, I would have transferred somewhere else promptly. However, our first time in Manila and I wasn't sure where to try and go from there so we checked in. I had previously booked us into a villa room, which did not have enough beds, so the staff suggested we moved into a suite, for the same price. The suite featured a Queen sized bed in one room, and a bunk bed in the other. there was an L shaped sofa in the living space and separate toilet and shower.

Atmosphere-wise, sleezy characters, karoke all night long, stinky, nothing in terms of tourism (although it is beside a ticketing agent, when I asked about getting a tour of Manila, they were dumbfounded). There was no where to eat, the restaurant was over priced by 4 times as much as any place and the food was yuck.

Basically, it was a rip off. I paid 5000 plus wifi (200) for the room. They were selling sim cards next door for 240pp (as opposed for 40pp at any 7-11). At the other end of our trip we stayed at the Best Western for exactly the same money, except free wifi and a lovely stay. That is for another review.

Bottom Line: skip it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family