“Nice hotel”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel was comfortable. Rooms very nice but shower flooded each time used. Lobby was ok but a bit spread out. Didn’t have a nice comfortable lobby bar. Had a coffee shop but served small coffees. Hotel is near many restaurants and stores. Staff were very friendly at all times. Pool area was very small and gym was very basic. No changing rooms at the gym.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
JASON D, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Thomas R,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

I hope that this letter finds you well. On behalf of the Acacia Family, we wish to convey our gratitude for considering us as your preferred hotel at the South of the Metro.

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our courteous staff, good amenities, and accessibility. We have taken note of your concerns and will aid in our continuous efforts in improving our customer service. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at a total of 3 other hotels in the South in the past year or so, so I think it is safe enough for me to say this is the best stay I've had in the area so far. Why, you ask? Here are the top 6 reasons why I think Acacia deserves to be called the best hotel in the South!

6. UNMATCHED LOCATION

I like doing a bit of a research before I choose where to stay in a specific area, and for me, Acacia has hit all the right notes in terms of providing the best location for its clients. It is within (literally!) a few steps away from 2 major establishments in the South that has a good range of restaurants and entertainment - Westgate Center and Commercenter Alabang. Although both are not as big as Aabang Town Center, the plethora and quality of restaurants in the area definitely make up for it. Commercenter even has cinemas, and both establishments have spas in their properties. And there is also a huge supermarket at the back of Acacia, also only a few steps away!

5. EXCEPTIONAL ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We booked the hotel a few days before our intended stay, so I did not really expect much of the customer service that will be provided to us. Lo and behold, I was pleasantly surprised for being able to receive responses to my requests and questions within 30 minutes of sending an email to their Reservations team. They even offered suggestions to make our stay better or more comfortable, which I can note, I haven't experienced in the other hotels I've stayed at. This is important for me because I can only do online transactions and not phone calls during business hours. Kudos to Ms. Beltran, Ms. Cacnio and Ms. Yumul for the excellent service! Fast? Check. Hassle-free? Double check!

4. OVERALL HOTEL AMBIANCE

The overall feel of the room and the whole hotel is luxurious and elegant, but not so much that it prevents you from being comfortable or relaxed. The outdoor space of the hotel for me is very relaxing and still private enough, calming and quiet enough to enjoy a good staycation. The lobby is impressive - don't let its size fool you because it does appear small but a lot of sitting areas and they even have a cafe there as well. One of the things I also appreciated was the 24-hour room service. I don't think all hotels, especially serviced residences offer that. I think it's important for both "staycationers" and professionals who are staying for business too. Amenities and other services include a lap pool, a kiddie pool, their own spa and gym at the 3rd floor, a designated smoking area, free shuttle services to major malls in the South, free parking and valet services if you have brought a car. I can honestly say they have provided everything we needed during our staycation!

3. BREAKFAST BUFFET SELECTION

Our stay comes with free breakfast buffet for two, which we of course, took. Breakfast buffets are usually offered in other hotels, so I didn't expect much again in this aspect of our stay. However, I particularly liked that we had to be seated and that there is a sign that says "This seat is taken" so that we can roam around freely without worrying if we will lose our table to other guests. We were also seated near the window, which I found both entertaining and relaxing for breakfast. There is a bread station, meat station, egg station, meals station, a salad station and a drinks station. Selection-wise, I'd say it is enough and good enough for breakfast. I would personally would have liked to see more Filipino staples like Corned Beef, Tocino and Longganisa, but the choices anyway are plenty and great for breakfast. I also noted F&B staff are EVERYWHERE. I don't need to go look for one - they proactively approach you if you look like you want to ask something or look for something. It was very convenient and I felt really spoiled! Special thanks to JP and Isabelle who courteously attended to me and my coffee needs that morning. Thank you for not judging the 4 cups you graciously fetched for me even though I said I can do it. Hahaha!

2. SPACIOUS ROOM WITH EXCELLENT VIEWS

Acacia boasts of a total of 261 rooms, and during my email interactions, I asked their manager if the room we booked is a corner room/suite, since I very much enjoy views and feeling open and not cramped. He said that it is in another category, was very polite in saying it, so I said there's no problem and that I understand. When we were led to our room, another pleasant surprise was waiting since he wants to make sure I am satisfied with the accommodation - and gave us a corner suite in a high floor, just like what I asked for! An excellent bed, spacious bathroom (with a separate bathtub and shower!), fluffy pillows and a 40 inch television were waiting for us when we arrived. It's also important to note they have a pillow concierge, where you can choose from 4 different types of pillows according to your preference, but I've never tried to do so. There is also a sizeable space for a sitting room and dining area. My favorite though is the dreamy bed - it really is to die for!

1. PERSONALIZED AND TOP QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE

I decided to use the term personalized, because it perfectly described what I experienced before and during our stay. Mr. Lloyd Castelltort, the Front Office Manager, personally called me up to say our suite is ready and we can check in earlier. Upon arrival, he personally met up with me and my partner, had us sign the check-in documents, waived the deposit fee, and showed us to our room - and a corner suite at that, because I asked if it's possible during our email conversations! When we came back in the evening after some strolling in Westgate, we even received a cheesecake that says, "Welcome Home!" I literally have never experienced anything like that in all my stays in the Metro. I felt very special, pampered, spoiled even and that Acacia definitely puts so much effort in ensuring Filipino hospitality is practiced all throughout! A huge thanks to Mr. Castelltort and his entire team!

One minor comment that I would have though is the robes that are provided in the closet. I personally think it is too small, and cannot fit an average Filipino. It may be more suitable for kids. This was immediately remedied by a quick call to Butler Services so they can provide bigger robes for us. Perhaps this is something Acacia can work on - very minor though compared to all the other wonderful things they can and have offered.

I loved every minute of our stay in Acacia. It was truly spectacular and memorable, and I can definitely say they stick to their promise of giving their clients the true Filipino hospitality experience. I cannot wait to be back!

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and have the best views, Pick a room on a higher floor for a more quiet s...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Wandernian,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our courteous staff, good amenities, and accessibility. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hassle free check-in/out; warm, attentive, very much accommodating staff; clean, cozy and spacious rooms; great buffet; walking distance to restaurants and malls; that's why we keep on coming back to Acacia Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
JASON D, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear shadysziahs,

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here as part of the Halloween Party Package.
My summary of our stay will be as follows:
BOOKING AND CHECK IN : Fast and hassle-free. However, when my husband alighted from the parking elevator carrying our bags and trolley bag, the security guard stationed at the parking elevator at the lobby asked that our bags be inspected including the trolley bag. We haven't experienced opening our luggage in any hotel lobby for security inspection. Take note: checkin 3 PM and checkout 11AM.
WiFi: Fluctuating with only 3 devices allowed.
ROOM: Spacious but dull. Upon entering the room, there was an odd odor as if somebody just finished smoking in the room. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also clean but we can easily tell that it was a bit dated. The toilet flush got stuck so that the water almost overflowed to the floor.
ROOM SERVICE: We had to repeatedly call the operator since no one was answering our calls. We also tried to call Lurra Spa several times to book in-room massage but nobody answered our call. I personally went to the Spa at the 3rd floor to set an appointment but nobody was in the reception area. I even went inside the spa but nobody was there. We had settled our appointment after I called the front desk informing them that nobody was there in the spa.
SPA/MASSAGE: We availed two different types of massage service but it seemed like there was no difference to the technique used. We also felt that the masseurs were in a hurry to finish up the service.
POOL: Small and tends to be crowded
FOOD: Bland and overpriced.
BREAKFAST: Disaster! We went to Acaci to have our breakfast. When we got there, the front reception told us that there were no seats available, and asked us to get our food on the CS floor and then just sit and eat in the ground floor lobby, which was almost facing the entrance of the hotel(?!). So, this lady wants us to go up and down of the stairs to get and eat breakfast. How convenient! Additionally, they won't allow my child to go inside the restaurant since he was wearing their cheap room slippers. This is to prevent my child from tripping. What an absurd policy! I haven't seen a hotel like this. We have stayed in various hotels here and abroad and we haven't experienced and seen this kind of service.
PARKING: They have three basement parking areas but they DO NOT have reserved parking for in-house guests! When I raised this issue to the front desk, they just told us to use the valet service. We do not like valet service and have someone else drive our car. Also, when we were going around circles to look for a parking space, all valet parking slots were also taken. When we were able to find a parking space, we were appalled by the strong stinking smell of the garbage piled up in their basement parking. My kids literally covered their noses until reaching the elevator.

OVERALL, I do not recommend this hotel at all! It looked good at the outside, but nothing else to expect! We did not take our breakfast here and just checked out immediately - that's how horrible we felt.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank wandermomcc
JASON D, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear wandermomcc,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

I hope that this letter finds you well. On behalf of the Acacia Family, we wish to convey our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

It is important to that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. Thank you for taking time to review the property. Your comments are taken seriously and shall be discussed to the concerned departments for immediate action. Your review will aid us in our continuous efforts in improving our customer service.

We hope that you would give us a another chance to redeem ourselves be of service to you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday here. I think they upgraded our room into a suite, with balloons, cake and a happy birthday banner. Talk about excellent customer service. Was not able to dip in the pool. Buffet was good, food was good. We'll definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear eynaa88,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our courteous staff, good amenities, and good food. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with us.