“A Sanctuary of Comfort in the South”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Recently, I had a staycation in Acacia Hotel Manila – a modern day Filipino five-star hotel that offers luxury and elegance ideal for leisure and business travelers seeking comfort within the metro. Acacia Hotel Manila is located at the South of Metro Manila. It is situated at the center of the bustling business and commercial district of Filinvest Corporate City Alabang in Muntinlupa.

The hotel is proudly 100% Filipino and it is famous for its world-class hotel service showcasing the true qualities of Filipino hospitality (which is considered to be a distinct characteristic than that of other cultures). Certainly, their slogan speaks for itself – “Filipino Like No Other”. Just like an Acacia tree, it provides the perfect shade of comfort and a safe haven for shelter.

Acacia Hotel Manila has 261 well-appointed guestrooms and all rooms are painted with warm earth colors which exudes the feel of comfort and luxury. Thus, creating a satisfying and relaxing stay for each guests. The hotel features six (6) different types of accommodations – Deluxe Room, Junior Suite, Executive Suite, Bay Suite, Commerce Suite and Acacia Suite and each guestrooms are equipped with essential amenities tailored on each and everyone’s needs.

Each guestrooms has a 40inch cable LED TV with premium channels and multimedia box, individually controlled air condition, large executive desks, electronic “Do Not Disturb” and “Make Up Room” signs, well stocked mini bar, coffee and tea making facilities, in-room dining menu and spacious marble baths with separate shower and bath tub.

Other amenities include complimentary bottled water, towels and toiletries including dental care kits, safety deposit box, high speed Wi-Fi and LAN internet connection, IDD/NDD telephone facility, flat iron with iron board and hair dryer. Likewise, Acacia Hotel Manila has an outdoor swimming pool for kids and adult as well as fitness center which are equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and strengthening equipment’s perfect for active individuals. The hotel also offers special services such as laundry service, airport transfers as well as complimentary shuttle service within the Alabang commercial area.

In my recent staycation at Acacia Hotel Manila, I stayed at their Junior Suite. I got really impressed the moment I stepped in on the room. It’s almost close to perfection! Aside of being surrounded by a warm earth colors, what I liked about the room is its location. The room is strategically located at the corner which creates an ample space to move around making the living area more spacious. Likewise, the floor-to-ceiling picture windows is a sight because it gives the best view of the city plus it uses natural and intimate lighting.

Another thing I liked most with Acacia Hotel Manila is their much-raved dream bed (a customized orthopedic bed with memory foam tops). Their dream bed makes me resist to leave the bed at all. It felt so good to lie on their bed, very relaxing. However, I’m quite sad because I wasn’t able to experience the pillow selection service which is also one of the prime features of this hotel. This pillow selection service promotes enhanced sleep quality by letting its guests choose from a wide selection of pillow. I don’t know why. Sad! But still, I had a good and rejuvenating sleep.

Lastly, instead of having a regular welcome drinks Acacia Hotel Manila welcomed us by providing a fifteen (15) minute complimentary head and back massage. It was the most relaxing fifteen (15) minutes of my life after grueling two (2) hour traffic. It may look like a simple act but for me it created a big impact. Furthermore, they have well-trained staffs and associates whom I consider the friendliest amongst I have come across. No doubt Acacia Hotel Manila is one of the best hotels in the metro.

All in all, I had a pleasing staycation at Acacia Hotel Manila. During my entire stay, I stayed only within the premises of the hotel and yet still had a good time. With this kind of experience, it established and raised my standard for quality and luxury hotel. I would definitely recommend Acacia Hotel Manila as your next staycation destination!

Room Tip: Choose the corner rooms (Junior Suite)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
jasondinglasan, General Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear "Francie Gabrien V",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

I hope that this letter finds you well. On behalf of Team Acacia, we wish to convey our gratitude for considering us as your preferred hotel at the South of the Metro.

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our friendly staff, well appointed guest rooms, facilities and amenities. Thank you for your detailed review of your stay. This will definitely help us in the continuous improvement of our customer service.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

it was a very good place to stay. They also allowed us to have an early check in.

Location wise, it was one of the best. It was near a lot of restaurants and a mall. And they had a shuttle going to these places.

Room Tip: the place is near ATC
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear "Archimedes_Chua",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our accessible location and efficient shuttle service.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

2013 we went to MNL on business trip and booked our stay at this horrible hotel. MY WATCH WAS STOLEN. Mgr told me that if they find the watch they will let me know. I did not want to leave the hotel because I knew that one of the bellboys took it. My nephew went inside the room and literally turned it upside down. We had to leave and checked in at B HOTEL.
After 3 DAYS MGR called me and informed that they found the watch under a tray on the dresser. That was a miracle. I will never return to this hotel again. I was told they will investigate further. To date I have not heard from them. So this is a warning to any travelers. You want to ruin your vacation, stay at ACACIA HOTEL.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 23 May 2017

Dear "Angel674",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

On behalf of the team, we wish to thank you for considering our property as your temporary residence.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We wish to further assist you regarding your concern. That being said, may we please have your full name, date of stay and email address or you may email us directly at enquiry@acaciahotelsmanila.com? Looking forward to your response.

best regards,
The Acacia Team

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

During check in, the receptionist asked for 3,000php deposit (which I know is SOP). I don't have enough cash with me so I asked her if I can use my debit card instead. She said yes, took my card and swipe immediately without even explaining to me the process of getting the deposit back. Upon check out I thought I will get my deposit back in cash since the amount is already deducted to my account. It's only then that the receptionist explained to me that the deposit will be returned back to my account in "few" days time. It was April 14, 2017 , now is already May 1st and the deposit still haven't come back to me. Very disappointing! I already called my bank and they said that they did not get any refund from Acacia Hotel. I emailed this hotel twice and I didn't get any reply! What now?!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Honey Grace B
Management response:Responded 23 May 2017

Dear "Honey Grace B",

best regards,
The Acacia Team

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Highlights:
a. All the staff we very friendly and accommodating, especially that I have 2 small kids with me. They were very helpful in assisting me in the buffet area with my kids.
b. Ambience is relaxing with the view of the city.
c. A lot of choices. I like their seafood station, they serve crabs.

Lowlights:
a. Their dining chairs are so bulky and heavy. It was very uncomfortable and inconvenient carrying them whenever I leave the table. Hope they can designa more economical and guest-friendly chairs.
b. Their buffet dishes aren't really that spectacular when it comes to taste. There were a lot of choices, but I do hope they improve on the taste. I don't know if it's just me, but most of the main dishes I tasted were so bland.
c. They may have to prove and improve their products so I would have more value for my money.

Just a note: Kids 4 feet and below dine for free. I don't know if this is an advantage or disadvantage for some, but nonetheless, I'm happy because my kids eat for free :)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear "Free A",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our friendly staff. Thank you for your detailed review of our buffet spread. This will definitely help us in the continuous improvement of our customer service.