All reviewsjunior suitepillow conciergebreakfast buffetproject piefilipino hospitalityalabang town centerchecking incaketocinokiddie poolroom was spaciousa king size bedbusiness tripfavorite hotelwelcome drinkf bnice view
Reviewed 13 May 2017

it was a very good place to stay. They also allowed us to have an early check in.

Location wise, it was one of the best. It was near a lot of restaurants and a mall. And they had a shuttle going to these places.

Room Tip: the place is near ATC
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
jasondinglasan, General Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear "Archimedes_Chua",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

I hope that this letter finds you well. On behalf of Team Acacia, we wish to convey our gratitude for considering us as your preferred hotel at the South of the Metro.

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our accessible location and efficient shuttle service.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

2013 we went to MNL on business trip and booked our stay at this horrible hotel. MY WATCH WAS STOLEN. Mgr told me that if they find the watch they will let me know. I did not want to leave the hotel because I knew that one of the bellboys took it. My nephew went inside the room and literally turned it upside down. We had to leave and checked in at B HOTEL.
After 3 DAYS MGR called me and informed that they found the watch under a tray on the dresser. That was a miracle. I will never return to this hotel again. I was told they will investigate further. To date I have not heard from them. So this is a warning to any travelers. You want to ruin your vacation, stay at ACACIA HOTEL.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 23 May 2017

Dear "Angel674",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

On behalf of the team, we wish to thank you for considering our property as your temporary residence.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We wish to further assist you regarding your concern. That being said, may we please have your full name, date of stay and email address or you may email us directly at enquiry@acaciahotelsmanila.com? Looking forward to your response.

best regards,
The Acacia Team

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

During check in, the receptionist asked for 3,000php deposit (which I know is SOP). I don't have enough cash with me so I asked her if I can use my debit card instead. She said yes, took my card and swipe immediately without even explaining to me the process of getting the deposit back. Upon check out I thought I will get my deposit back in cash since the amount is already deducted to my account. It's only then that the receptionist explained to me that the deposit will be returned back to my account in "few" days time. It was April 14, 2017 , now is already May 1st and the deposit still haven't come back to me. Very disappointing! I already called my bank and they said that they did not get any refund from Acacia Hotel. I emailed this hotel twice and I didn't get any reply! What now?!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank HoneyGraceB1
Management response:Responded 23 May 2017

Dear "Honey Grace B",

best regards,
The Acacia Team

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Highlights:
a. All the staff we very friendly and accommodating, especially that I have 2 small kids with me. They were very helpful in assisting me in the buffet area with my kids.
b. Ambience is relaxing with the view of the city.
c. A lot of choices. I like their seafood station, they serve crabs.

Lowlights:
a. Their dining chairs are so bulky and heavy. It was very uncomfortable and inconvenient carrying them whenever I leave the table. Hope they can designa more economical and guest-friendly chairs.
b. Their buffet dishes aren't really that spectacular when it comes to taste. There were a lot of choices, but I do hope they improve on the taste. I don't know if it's just me, but most of the main dishes I tasted were so bland.
c. They may have to prove and improve their products so I would have more value for my money.

Just a note: Kids 4 feet and below dine for free. I don't know if this is an advantage or disadvantage for some, but nonetheless, I'm happy because my kids eat for free :)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear "Free A",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our friendly staff. Thank you for your detailed review of our buffet spread. This will definitely help us in the continuous improvement of our customer service.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Worst check in experience ever. A true example of bad management and not showing guests they are valued. To be clear, we understand initial mistakes can occur, however, how the hotel makes up for the mistake and makes guests feel valued is where Acacia has failed.

The following is very long so I will put up front that the service we received from everyone else at the hotel was wonderful. This includes the bag porters, Ivan at the front desk, the dining room staff and housekeeping that set up an additional cot in my room. Thank you to them!!

Detailed review: Arrived with my family around 6pm. Upon trying to check in, learned that the there a problem with reservations, hotel was over sold and all 18 of us were being transferred to the Crimson hotel. All of us had booked separately last September and all of us had already paid for our rooms. We all do not share the same last name so we do not understand how all of us "coincidentally" happened to be picked to be transferred. While we are discussing how the hotel will remedy the "lack" of rooms, we witness person after person checking in after us. Apparently there are rooms available for them but not us.

Earlier in our vacation we had stayed 9 days at the Crimson (which was a beautiful stay, very accommodating and welcoming staff) and had specifically booked Acacia for a different experience. We informed Acacia duty manager Glen Santos about how we were paid for the Acacia experience, understand how mistakes can happen, but expect Acacia to deliver what we paid for. In addition, the rate we paid for Acacia was more than the Crimson rate. We requested that Acacia arrange for all of us to have Executive access at Crimson so we could have a different experience as well make up for the rate differential. Glen starts making phone calls and after a long wait informs us we can have breakfast included at Crimson. We again reiterate that we have already enjoyed their general buffet breakfast (which was fantastic!) for 9 days which is why we wanted Executive access to have a different experience. Again Glen goes off to make phone calls.

Glen comes back and tells us Crimson will not provide Executive access. I state that it is not Crimson's job to provide it to us and Acacia should arrange and pay for it. It was Acacia's fault for over booking (though again, we see room and room being given out after us). Again Glen goes off to make phone calls.

After another long wait, Glen comes back to inform us that he has another option. He will offer us the Presidential suite and will set up extra cots. We could not believe how ludicrous and insulting this "option" was. 18 people in one room with cots - as if we were in a camping trip!! Again Glen goes off to make phone calls. He states he doesn't have the authority to resolve the situation as we have requested. Again Glen tells us that he would like to accommodate us but there are simply no rooms available. Again we point out that more people are checking in after us.

It has now been over 2 hours. We have previously asked to speak to someone hat has more authority than Glen. Glen continually stated he is trying to contact someone that can make the decision of how to remedy the situation. All of a sudden another gentleman comes out representing himself to be the Assistant General Manager. He also states that he has no authority to remedy the situation.

Finally after almost 3 hours, they have determined that they do in fact have hotel rooms for all of us. We ask if meals will be included to compensate us for this horrific experience and help convince us that Acacia does value its guests. Glen responds that dinner that evening will be complementary but that he is determining from upper management if he can include breakfast and dinner for the remainder of the trip. I ask if a cot can be added to my room and Glen starts to say he will have to charge me for it. I immediately cut him off and tell him "after all of this, please do not tell me you will charging me the cot." Glen pauses and then relents, saying he will not charge me.

So after 3 hours, we are finally checked into Acacia. The porters were wonderful about getting all of our bags to our rooms.
We have less than an hour before the dinner buffet closes and from what I hear, the service my family received there was wonderful.

Glen contacts me later that evening to tell me that he received approval to provide us all with a complementary breakfast buffet each day. I ask about dinner and he states that we did not discuss dinner each night. I'm so tired by this point that I simply tell him that was not what we discussed but will relay to my family that breakfast will be complementary. I really cannot understand why, after all the we had been through that evening, that we were not given complementary dinner buffets. The additional cost is probably minimal to the hotel, not to mention the amount of food that is probably thrown away each night anyway. It would have been a simple gesture that would have gone a long way with showing us that Acacia values its guests.

While over bookings can happen, Acacia hotel had countless opportunities to make up for its oversight. Instead it continually chose to show us we were not valued guests. My family will never stay at this hotel again and will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank 749CRMW

Dear "R H",

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. It is very pleasing that you remarked our friendly and accommodating staff. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your detailed review of your stay. This will definitely help us in the continuous improvement of our customer service.