“My local sushi place”
Review of Hayashi

Hayashi
Ranked #115 of 298 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

My friends and I love this place. Its cheap and has good sush! We go here about once a month. It's not that pretty and very local but its fantastic for sushi buffet. Its R140 for all you can eat sushi and chinese. We have drinks amd in the summer you can sit on the street and eat. Its nothing fancy but its local and you get your money's worth

3  Thank Roving665555

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We didn't have anything Jzapanese or the buffet so this is about the Chinese side. Bright and cheery with a willing South African staff that knows the food. It comes fresh, fast, and delicious. Reasonably sized portions - not huge and disgusting nor small and cheesy.

Prices are very good although they do charge for rice which should be included. Lots of beer wine and soda choices. But most important, a broad variety of well made, tasty food.

It's not for date night but it's not a take out joint or a college greasy spoon either. And I've eaten in those kinds of Chinese places all over the world.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

The sushi here is easily the best value-for-money in Stellenbosch. They have half price sushi all day every day.

1  Thank Maré C
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Hayashi used to have nice sushi. I went there recently with 3 friends and sadly the experience was terrible. The sushi barely had any fish in it. If I wanted to eat rice I won't pay through my neck for it. I'll be very surprised if this place is still in business 12 months from now.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I can not believe how fast these guys make your sushi. And it is great, well priced, and that on Sunday evening! Great. Have not even tried the Chinese part. Can't wait.