Having had a bustling and busy few days in Cape Town at the start of our holiday we were looking for a relaxed interlude before heading off for long days on safari. Stellenbosch looked like it would be perfect for just that and River Manor Boutique appeared to offer just the kind of property and ambience we were after. It is superbly located only a couple of hundred metres from the town centre but on a quiet road running alongside the river and is in wonderful old colonial buildings which have retained their style and elegance - it is clear that much care has been taken in this regard.
Our room was large, very comfortable and very well appointed - we could have got lost in the bathroom with its wonderful old roll top bath! There were also lovely details like the fresh drinking water delivered each evening and flavoured with fresh mint one day and rosemary the next.
From the moment we arrived until we left there were staff available and happy to help with anything and everything - and always with a friendly word and a smile. At check in we were served coffee on the patio whilst the local area was explained, vineyards highlighted and restaurant recommendations provided (as well as top-tips and handy hints like where to go for the best value wi-fi access in town). One of the best things about the way the Justin and his staff went about their business was that they were always around and helpful when we needed them but you never felt like they were on top of you or overbearing.
As only there briefly we only ate breakfast in the hotel but the food and service were excellent, great choice and very well presented and served.
All in all, a great time and highly recommended for a classy and relaxing experience that matches the colonial style of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Manor is nestled in the heart of Stellenboch and the Western Cape Winelands. Set across from the Eerste River, in a peaceful avenue of Oak trees, just a short stroll from the village centre, with its museums, street cafés, and galleries, allowing guests to delight in a truly unique Stellenbosch experience.Elegantly furnished in a Contemporary Colonial Style, with personal service and attention to detail - the, wrap-around verandas, two swimming pools, a Studio Spa and secluded gardens, exude an atmosphere of luxury and privacy allowing for relaxation and comfort. A light and seasonal menu is offered at “Taste” enjoyed in the shade of the garden or in the Conservatory, complimented by a charming “Garden Bar”.Stylish rooms combine the conveniences of home with superior comforts, fruit details, bathrobes, Port and Sherry trays and evening turndowns, an experience of a bygone era. Not forgetting necessary modern conveniences of minibars, in room safes, tea and coffee trays, Wifi, overhead ceiling fans and air-conditioning.After leisurely poolside breakfasts, guests may enjoy guided Wine Tours departing daily from River Manor, or take a self drive through the majestic countryside to nearby golf courses, Franschhoek, Cape Town or Hermanus - to return to the sunny terrace to view a beautiful African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your River Manor Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Manor Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- River Manor Boutique Hotel And Spa