All reviews church bells electric blankets spacious shower late checkout recommend this establishment walking distance hearty breakfast very pleasant stay lovely place wi fi centre of town visiting stellenbosch yogurt beautiful room ilse guesthouse university
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

This was my first experience of staying in a guest house as a seasoned traveller for both business and leisure.

From the moment I booked my accommodation I received a personal email from Maryanne welcoming me to the property.

Upon arrival my room was immaculate and my stay was wonderful, with every evening a turn down service provided to include a night cap - such a lovely touch!

A hot breakfast was cooked to order if desired and there was a great selection of good quality breads, fruit salad and cereals

It is within strolling distance of two very good restaurants, Basic Bistro and Java Cafe and even closer to the historic church and the town museum.

Would definitely recommend this accommodation. Ilse and Maryaan were welcoming hosts in this bijou residence

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 15 April 2017

Thank you - you were perfect guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards.
Ilse

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is a well located large mansion with only 6 rooms but each has a balcony or two and multiple common areas for lots of privacy space and gracious living across from 'the church' and village museum. It is just around the corner to top rated restaurants. Breakfasts are complete affairs with plenty of options and gracious old school service. An older crowd seems to stay here judging from our only two days here. Our bathroom was huge and modern. The church bells might be more audible in some rooms than others. We loved it.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank A9218ASjamesl

Thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Great location in Stellenbosch, can walk to restaurants and bars easily.
Staff friendly and helpful
Rooms spacious and clean and all individual.
The breakfast is great, cooked freshly to order.
Would definitely return to stay again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 April 2017

We are looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

As always a very pleasant stay at De Hoek. Warm welcome from Ilsa & Mariaan and delicious breakfast - definitely a favourite in Stellenbosch!
Church Bells in Room 5 were definitely more distant, but I missed having a bath!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 April 2017

Thank you - let's try room 4 next time - there is a bath, as well as being to the back.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Maryanne was a wonderful hostess. We arrived early evening with out a set plan for the next day. She quickly helped us find a wonderful driver for our wine tour. She recommended a great restaurant very close to B&B. Our room was beautiful with all the comforts of home and more. We had a private patio off from our room which had walls covered in fragrant jasmine. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The chocolates and port that was left for us every evening was nice. Breakfast was delicious and made to order. I wish I did not live so far away, I would go back regularly.

Date of stay: November 2016