“Keeping up the excellent standard for years”

96 Winery Road Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 274 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The iconic winelands restaurant,great views of the local Helderberg and a firm favourite amongst the Stellenbosch locals for the past 15 years and still wowing the faithful. A firm reputation for outstanding, friendly service, great food, wonderful steaks and remarkably good value, with the best selection of wines.Frequent award winner and each dining area has a cosy fireplace for the winter.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Coming here for dinner very occasionally for several years, we are always impressed by the excellent standard of the interior, service and food. As always before we also were very happy this time, keep up your great work, we will definitely come again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a lovely supper here at the last minute and were very impressed. The food, service and atmosphere was excellent.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Situated in a lovely winery. We had a lovely evening here. Good prices, good choice, good wines.
I had the wagyu beef which was amazing and also the springbok for starter.
You must get the dessert platter - a selection of miniature desserts from their menu - it was lush!
Would come back here!

1  Thank Lottelli
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a really lovely family lunch at 96 Winery Road and were very grateful that the restaurant was willing to accommodate us (12 people) on very short notice. I loved the look and feel of the restaurant - very cosy - day or night, summer or winter. The service was good and friendly - we were just not too happy that we were rushed to place our orders only a short while after arriving as the restaurant was not very busy, but there was at least a good gap between placing the order and receiving the food, which gave us enough time to relax and have a glass of wine. The plating of the food were really beautiful and few photos had to be taken before we could start eating. Personally, I did not love the taste of my Kingklip that much. I did not particularly like the texture of the fish and the flavours did not work that well together. My desert was nice, but also not wow... But this was only my dishes - the rest of the quests really enjoyed their food a lot - the burgers, lamb rissoles and steak - they were truly very impressed. I wider variety and more interesting dishes is something that I would maybe recommend, but all in all, we had a great time and I am sure we will be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a lovely place, great setting, fab staff and really lovely food. The waitress reeled off the specials and meat cuts without referring to any notes and was very helpful. Only slight complaint was that there was too much salt on the chips - I'd prefer the chef to not add any salt.