“Wow....”
Review of Conrad Pezula

Conrad Pezula
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I am due to stay at this hotel as part of my honeymoon in November. Nothing has been too much trouble for the staff in terms of organising dinners, spa treatments, on-site and off-site actitivties and even a special honeymoon bath! This is one special place and I cannot wait to get there.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank JoLo40
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

Dear JoLo40

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that you received excellent service and I do hope that you had a special honeymoon.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 October 2008

i am a travel agent so we went on an educational trip to south africa and one of the hotels we got to stay in was the pezula.
From the minute we walked in I fell in love with it the rooms are unbelievable and zacharys restaurant serves the best food!!
We were treated like royalty from start to finish and I dont think I can say a bad word about this hotel.
My favourite part of the hotel is the staff they made you feel so welcome and nothing is too much for them
The castle on the beach is gorgeous and the land that the hotel own is huge where you can go horse-riding or play golf
I have had the priviledge of staying in some beautiful hotels around the world and in other areas of South Africa and I have to say this is by far the best hotel!!
If you get the chance to stay here you wont be disappointed and I cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank shelly2212

Dear shelly2212

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 September 2008

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Pezula - Best described as perfect ! The service is impeccable, the staff are sensational, the accommodation is magnificent and the cuisine sublime. A visit to Pezula's Castle at Noetzie is an absolute must.....quite out of this world. Apart from all the staff, special accolades must go to Pezula's Operations Director, Russel Binks, and Rooms Division Manager, Carla Puverel, who set incredible standards. Pezula is a MUST VISIT destination for a real "WOW" experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank WANDERMAN

Dear WANDERMAN

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

We appreciate your positive and encouraging feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 February 2008

My boyfriend and I were introduced to Pezula by our friends, who live in Cape Town. They had found the resort reviewed in a guide book, so we weren't exactly sure what to find.

The 4 of us showed up in the afternoon - almost an hour late of a spa appointment that we two girls had made in advance. We called ahead to warn the spa that we would be late, expecting that they would give us the shpele about a 24-hour cancellation notice. Instead, they told us to drive safely and that everything would be ready for us when we arrived.

After driving up to the front entrance, porters greeted us, unloaded the trunk, which was completely jam packed, and brought all of our stuff to our rooms for us. Walking into the main entrance, you immediately know that you're at a classy place. It is immaculate, with high ceilings and lots of marble. The concierge desk seems to float above the floor. Everyone who greeted us treated us like we were special.

The two girls were ushered down to the spa for our appointments, which were TOTALLY THE BEST SPA TREATMENTS EVER! I got a spa facial, mani and pedi. Two women attended to my mani and pedi as I lay, half asleep in my mask. After the treatments, I was guided to the "recovery" room (like who needs a recovery after a spa treatment?). This dark, beautiful room was lit by little candles and contained 3 aquabeds that give you a warm massage for 20 minutes before you leave.

The suites are immaculate and huge. They have a pillow menu for you to choose pillows if you don't like the already plush ones in the room. They drew a bubble bath for me, complete with champagne, waiting for me after my spa treatments.

Pezula has a castle that they've built on their private beach, which is absolutely immaculately, stunningly beautiful, where you can enjoy lunch while overlooking the red beach heads and the Indian ocean.

My boyfriend loved the golf course. When he rented clubs, they asked him his preferences and gave him the exact clubs and shafts that he wanted. The golf carts were equipped with GPS, so they knew where he was at all times and could bring him food or drinks.

The food as really, really great. Very gourmet. In the beautiful dining room, I sat in a little alcove and when I looked up, there were little twinkling stars in the ceiling.

The service was perfect. As I mentioned, everyone treated us like we were their first priority. Everyone seemed to know our plans for the whole day, and people would come up to us and say, "We see that you have a spa appointment at 4PM, can we send a golf cart for you?"

Finally, my favorite part was the beautiful brand new Yamaha baby grand next to the bar. I spent some time playing for the appreciative bar staff and made some new friends.

All in all, I wish I could live at Pezula. Maybe I'd spend my summers at the castle and my winters at the resort :)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jujukate

Dear Jujukate

Thank you for you review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that your overall experience was excellent and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2007

Now this is a hotel!

We stayed here for a week as part of our honeymoon and it is superb! Lets not kid ourselves for the area this is a pricey hotel but you get what you pay for – first class service, superb suites and fabulous facilities.

The first encounter with the hotel set the scene for our whole stay. The reception staff and concierge were first class – some of the well known London hotels could take a few lessons – and before we knew it we were in our room!

We had a lovely suite overlooking Kynsna lagoon (we recommend you request this outlook) which was larger than some 2-bed flats we’ve seen in London! The suites do look like the pictures on the website – bar area, lounge, enormous bed and a bathroom you could fit a rugby team in!

The spa is fantastic - great variety of treatments with very knowledgeable staff. As a guest we were able to use the gym, indoor pool, lounge and smoothie bar at our convenience. The sports facilities are incredible and the array of sports is surprising!

As it was our honeymoon the hotel had organise us a bottle of champagne and Knysna oysters for us to enjoy watching the sun go down over the lagoon! We were also each given a spa treatment and given gifts of chocolate, wine and spa products.

The breakfasts are incredible! Everything from fresh fruit to maple syrup covered pancakes to goats cheese omelettes as well as a buffet style area! Zachery’s serves fabulous dinners and everything we ate there we would recommend! We also spent a number of evenings at the Waterfront in Knysna where we found lovely bars and restaurants thanks to the recommendations of the concierge.

We lazed away days at Noetzie Beach. It is an oasis of tranquillity compared to the hustle and bustle of the beaches at Buffalo Bay and Plettenberg Bay! The hotel has taken over the old castle on the beach where we were able to borrow beach towels and have a lovely on a veranda overlooking the beach.

For those sightseeing we had a lovely evening on a sunset cruise through Knysna Heads, and enjoyed the Cango Caves and ostrich farms near Outshoorn and Plettenberg Bay is also worth a visit!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SY2000

Dear SY2000

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to assist in making your honeymoon special.

We appreciate your feedback and do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Victor Chalfoun

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knysna
5.2 km away
7.4 km away
The St. James of Knysna
8.6 km away
Simola Hotel Country Club & Spa

Been to Conrad Pezula? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK