“Delicious sardines”

34 South
Ranked #12 of 167 Restaurants in Knysna
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 20
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Not exactly a restaurant... Not exactly a bar... Definitely not a deli... Well, not exactly a deli... It's an eating place, a drinking place and definitely a meeting place. And it's a gift shop, a clothing emporium, a food store, a fish monger and a bakery, too. And the finest wine shop this side of the grape curtain. And it's always on one, single line of latitude - the 34th parallel (but only on the Waterfront at the Knysna Quays).
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Had a lovely breakfast here. The poached eggs were cooked and presented very beautifully. Sardines were excellent.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for 34 South

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I had a great seafood dinner. I came to try out some oysters and prawns. The food they brought out was fantastic. I really enjoyed my meal.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We returned to 34 South again . As per previous visits we are having a great dinner . The menu is wide and caters for all tastes !The wild Knysna Oysters are the BEST as is the calamari steak . Excellent service from our waitron Khanye making the evening a very enjoyable experience and great being on the canal

1  Thank tanyap810
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Such amazing food. Set at the waterfront overlooking the lagoon. Quick service and friendly staff. They don't reserve tables. So expect a long queue. But the food and experience makes up for the wait.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We had a impulse visit with the kids, looking for pizza as the kids were very hungry. First, no kids menu. No milkshakes...bit they do have some type of kiddies menu she just cant show me. We ordered pizza for the kids. It is very very good! No juices for kids so we had one of the adult juices...at R50 a pop just a bit rediculous for my 3 year old... My husband and I also had pizza...yes it was delicious, although the camembert and fig were a little scarce.... They were sold out on a few beers...didnt even offer us any specials.... The "manager" I think rudely spoke to one of the waiters while serving a table...warning her about a warning if she disobeys her again... service overall very bad. Food is very good to excellent but they will not see me again and also the reason for the poor rating.