I stayed for 5nights in room 5 which only has a tiny bit of a sea view but it makes up for that in every other way. The staff are all fantastic and treat you like part of the family ensuring you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Sat for 5 days watching whales do their thing from the patio with sun loungers looking directly out to sea. The food was great a little too fussy sometimes but that is down to personal likes and dislikes. Loved the Hemingway Daiquiri and wine selection. I said when I arrived" I think I have died and gone to heaven". Strangely enough I heard that same sentence several times by other guests. I wouldn't contemplate going anywhere else in Hermanus and sorry to say but I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Hermanus cliffs, the regal Birkenhead House overlooks the whale watching paradise of Walker Bay. Accommodating guests in the utmost luxury, this is the perfect destination for those seeking the pinnacle of seaside living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Birkenhead House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birkenhead House & Villa Hotel Hermanus
- Birkenhead House And Villa