“Wonderful lunch time venue, great range of dishes”
Review of Balducci's

Balducci's
Ranked #105 of 1,297 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Balducci at the V & A Waterfront offers an unrivaled menu of simple, everyday home cooked Italian dishes that reflect the most traditional elements of food and culinary styles. Our simple Italian home cooked food is prepared in a relaxed and restorative style, whilst at the same time being creative, traditional and affordable. Main restaurant open from 11am daily
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a wonderful ostrich steak and my lunch companion ordered from their extensive vegetarian and vegan menu (very impressive range of dishes on offer). Lovely staff and a friendly, relaxed service. Nicely spaced tables, good place to chat over lunch.

Date of visit: October 2018
AndrewH227, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Allan, thank you for the review. We really appreciate it and look forward to you dining with us again very soon. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had planned on dining on Long Street but it was so busy apparently the 1st of the month is party time for locals so we opted for a taxi down to the V&A. It was a really cold night and it was good to find this place at the entrance to the shopping mall. The restaurant was buzzing. The menu has to be one of the biggest menus I have ever seen, so much choice, not sure how the kitchen copes but it does. We opted for pizzas, a Roma and a Portofino along with a bottle of San Jiovese really good pizzas, crispy bases, flavoursome toppings and excellent value at 665 rand (£35) . Highly recommend this place

Date of visit: November 2018
Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear CJKJ3246, we thank you for the lovely review that you posted on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you chose to visit us appreciate it very much and look forward to having you join us again soon for another memorable occasion. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was outstanding, the service was sublime, we appreciate everything so much, especially Brian who was our lovely host.

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear Rachel, thank you for the Trip Advisor review. We really appreciate it and look forward to having you join us again soon. Kind Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great place, fantastic steaks, service was good a well, gets busy so make sure you have a booking. You can sit inside or on the waterside. Really great value with strength of the pound against the rand at the moment.

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear Shaun, thank you for the lovely review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate it very much and look forward to having you join us again soon for another memorable occasion. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We arrived at Balducci's and the hostess was extremely sweet, and found a friend and I a table to sit. There was a vibe, and the restuarant was at about 80% capacity.

We spent time going through the magazine styled menu, and were quite excited about the myriad options that were available to us, as we had left a previous establishment because of limited menu.

My friend, a food and restuarant enthusiast, decides to order a the Butter Chicken Pasta, as she has had quite a few in her time, and this is what she felt like this evening. I, on the other hand: a big fan of the carbonara, decide to order a something a little different because I'm feeling quite experimental and order the Butternut, Prosciutto, Bacon and Nuts.

Did I mention that my friend also order their peri-peri livers as a starter, which were beyond average?

Our food finally arrives, and my friend's face automatically goes sour after the 2nd bite. She loves going to new restuarants and seldom sends food back, but can not actually bare how sour the Butter Chicken pasta is (which I can attest, really was). She returns it to the kitchen, and the Manager comes to inform that the chef has tasted it and this is how it is "meant to taste" (said with attitude).

I try my pasta, and realise that it is quite undercooked, and extremely chewy, I inform the waitor and he calls over the manager again, who in a condenscending and irritated tone informs us that they prepare their pasta's "Al dente" but will do us a "favour" and ask them to cook it a bit further.

After this type of treatment, we decided to pay for our meals without eating and leave the establishment immediately as did not enjoy the utter disrespect, when trying to share that the food and service was below standard and quite frankly mediorce. As we left, a couple next to us were complaining about their handrolls, so it seems this was a norm at the restuarant.

Overall we were very dissapointed by this establishment, from the food to the manner to which the manager handle the situation.

Date of visit: November 2018
Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Siya, my apologies that you did not get to enjoy dining with us. Pls can you email me your bill to support@slickrestaurants.com so I can investigate. Our pasta is always cooked 'al dente' as we state on the pasta page of the menu, and we are asked at times to cook a guest's pasta more well done. Our Butter Chicken is our top selling pasta dish, and one of our signatures that we have had on our menu for over 10 years. Maybe it was just not to your liking? Kind regards, Andrew