“Good Moderately Priced Restaurant ”
Review of Balducci's

Balducci's
Ranked #108 of 1,294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Balducci at the V & A Waterfront offers an unrivaled menu of simple, everyday home cooked Italian dishes that reflect the most traditional elements of food and culinary styles. Our simple Italian home cooked food is prepared in a relaxed and restorative style, whilst at the same time being creative, traditional and affordable. Main restaurant open from 11am daily
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent late dinner at Balducci’s right in the Victoria Waterfront Mall. Moderately priced but tasty food with full bar. Our waiter Mandla was attentive, fun and helpful on guiding our food choices. Inside or outside seating. Try the Salmon Grenades!

Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear SaltyDancer, thank you for the review. Looking forward to having you dine with us again soon. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food and service were so superb that we dined here two nights in a row. We had drinks and dinner at the bar where we receieved impeccable, friendly service from Peter and staff. The grilled calamari starter, tender and delicious, was the best we have ever had. Head chef Sherwin came out to greet patrons and upon learning he is also head chef for two other local dining venues, we couldn’t wait to try. Will definitely be back next time we are in Cape Town!

Dear Chase, thank you for the wonderful Trip Advisor review. Looking forward to having you dine with us again soon. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family hosted lunch with my former CEO and her husband both from overseas and our guests loved the experience. There were 5 of us and each were happy with our meal from steaks, salads, sushi, fish and burger. The portions were generous.

The staff was very welcoming right from the door and till we all left. Our guests were seasoned world travelers so I was truly delighted that they enjoined the experience.

We have been to Balducci’s before but this was the ultimate test and I am glad it didn’t disappoint. It was our guests last day in SA having seen a few of the high end touristy places and has had some unfortunate experience in that period, I am just glad that we ended their stay in SA with a happy positive note.

Highly recommended and will keep coming back.

1  Thank chusone35

Dear ChusOne, thank you for the lovely review. We appreciate it and look forward to having you choose us again soon. Regards, Andrew

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Firstly, I am not a person who often complains and I understand nothing ever runs to plan but when one receives such shocking service I feel the need to warn others.
On Tuesday 02/10/2018 my partner and I had a reservation at Balducci's to celebrate his birthday, this night ended with HUGE disappointment.
Perhaps if i was foreign or if i ordered a more expensive bottle of wine, perhaps then i would have received better service.

The MANAGER spoke to me in a condescending manner, as if i was "riff-raff" from the street. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT I AM NOT! I AM REALLY SO UPSET THAT THIS DISGUSTING ESTABLISHMENT RUINED MY PARTNERS BIRTHDAY!

SPEAKING OVER ME, WHILE I WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION!!!!!!!

DID THEY THINK I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THE MEAL????
HOW DISGUSTING !
I LEFT MY DETAILS FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER TO CONTACT ME, PLEASE DO SO!

1  Thank Tyrone B
Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

NOT THE TRUTH AND UNFAIR

WE have written you two letters personally by the Managing Director of the Slick Group. What you reported on Tripadvisor was not accurate and truthful
You arrived in a “party mood” and reported you were not happy with:
The table, waiter ., service. Wine, Chita, Manager on duty, the fact that we serve tourists too, the wine and you also in your e mail referred to very personal statements towards certain kinds of people and you made allegations that were totally unfounded.We tried our utmost to please you and you also stated in your initial letter that you were a manager of a fine dining establishment of which you will not disclose. I wonder if your guests abuse you and your staff whilst you are on duty?
We are terribly sorry that we were not able to satisfy you and that you found more than 10 things wrong with our restaurant and or food and staff. We ask you to please have respect for our staff and establishment like we have for guests or we will not allow you to return to any of our establishments in the near future. Please also be fair and accurate in what you report as your behaviour in public spaces is much to be desired. Our Tripadvisor and other platforms speak for thereselves. We have a 23 year track record in one location and grow exponentially every year.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We never made any reservation for our lunch! We were welcomed & taken good care with Vegan menu & food offered by restaurant. Fried onion as starter was great .

Thanks Team Balducci.....

Andrew H, Guest Relations Manager at Balducci's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Sideku, thank you for the review. We look forward to you joining us again very soon. Regards, Andrew