“Great choice ”

The Hungry Herbivore
Ranked #217 of 1,252 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Deli
Description: The Hungry Herbivore is a vegan eatery focusing on healthy comfort food and drinks ranging from breakfast to pizza. It boasts a range of meals with gluten free offerings as well as raw and baked desserts and snacks. All ingredients are fresh, locally sourced and mostly made in house or at our gluten free production facility.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Well I prefer a nice beef burger but my wife is vegan so I am writing this for her. She had a vegan burger, sweet potato fries and for desert a blueberry "cheesecake". She stated the burger was delicious and very well prepared. Complaints were that it has slightly slow service and limited seating.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

There is a very good vegan spot. Food is awesome. However they really could work on service and meeting the needs of those patrons with out being asked. I would still recommend just be patient.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This restaurant now is open for longer hours and the food is wonderful, from breakfasts to lunch and later, with a brisk takewaway business obviously for workers in the city. The menu has a wide variety of meals and juices and is all four of us tried different dishes and all were outstanding. The service was excellent and give this eatery 10/10.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I enthusiastically called this restaurant trying to make a booking for a Sat night with friends (fellow-writers with whom I would be participating in a book festival). I was told they 'no longer take bookings'. When I asked whether one should normally be able to get a table if you arrived at 7.30pm on a Sat, I was told they don't know, it's 'first come first serve'. I said in that case we will then rather go elsewhere and they put down the phone. Who would make plans to go to a restaurant on this basis, risking being shown away and having to walk around on a winter's evening trying to find something else? A shame. I would have liked to try it. I certainly won't now.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Not everyone will get excited about this, but anyone with a vision for the planet will acknowledge this is where food of the future is going!
Great to see courageous people step up and open a 100% Vegan restaurant.
Food is fresh and tasty and definitely invites to come back and explore more off the menu. Go support!!