“great value - dont let the decor deceive you”
Review of Shin Thai

Shin Thai
Ranked #743 of 1,256 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The decor is very basic - a shop with some chairs and tables and a counter. But the food is of good quality and the pricing is very reasonable.

We had sushi which went down very well - and tom kai gum soup to start which was delicious.Have a look at the combinations and sushi specials

Three people, two courses each plus drinks for R150 a head (it sushi) was good value in my book.

They dont take cards so cash only!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Passing a billboard advertising a three course Chinese meal for only R70 seemed to good to be true so my wife and I popped in a few days later. We had a lovely meal - rather too much food actually - and thought that when we returned again for we most certainly will, we would forgo the dessert. This is a very unpretentious restaurant but obviously popular as there were only two tables empty on our visit. This is not fine dining but it is good wholesome Chinese (Western) fare.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Ate here three or four times. Service was 'South-African' pace but the food excellent. Prices were very good

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Popped around for dinner the other night. The menu is extensive, I would say a little too extensive. I sat there with my head in my hands reading and rereading all the dishes to make sure I was making the right choice. The food is well priced and tasty. The only complaint I have is that they left the tails on the prawns in my chop suey... not my favourite, although that's down to personal preference.

They could add some music for atmosphere and the bathrooms need tidying. I chose to dry my hands on my jeans as the towel in there was damp and dodgy.

They run good specials throughout the week. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Claire A
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I ordered a take away, prawn tempura and chicken Thai fried rice. It was nice - large portions, but the tempura was a bit greasy and the chicken fried rice was a bit bland. There was no fish sauce and chillies to go with it. It filled me up which was the main thing. But I still find it hard to beat the chicken fried rice on Surin beach Thailand.