Ways to Experience Aquila Private Game Reserve - Day Trip Safari
More Info
from US$ 335.70
More Info
1,747 results
All reviews game drives buffet breakfast an overnight stay welcome drink quad bikes big animals sparkling wine wild animals water buffalo hour drive from cape town natural environment kruger national park western cape south africa hippos ranger accommodation
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I've never been to an African safari before (so I can't compare) and I didn't know what to expect. I saw some negative reviews but my colleagues who visited just before us were all satisfied. We came with our 6 months old baby and it was awesome she was allowed to the game drive (she slept most of the drive time though :-D ). It was really a great experience, also the lunch was very good, welcome drink tasty (I am sad I forgot the sparkling wine name :-( ). We even saw lions, I can imagine staying more days next time, it also seemed there were a lot of activities for kids :-) The guide was friendly and answered all our questions. I am sad we didn't have time for horseback safari.
The only negative was the transfer organization and I have the feeling it could be improved quite easily.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

South Africa has so much to offer but so expensive to us locals. Myself and my friend decided to do a Wikideal which was R2000 for 2 people and included 2 game drives, 1 night accommodation, 3 full buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and that was tantalizing and delicious and halaal. The cooldrinks are very expensive, R25 for a 330ml coke but I guess it caters more for the tourists. Make sure that you request for 2 single beds or a twin room if you not sharing a bed as it seems the double beds are most common. Our standard room did not have a balcony or view but there was a window. Try to book as close to reception as possible as the elevator connects to the restaurant. Our deal did not include any spa treatments so it's R250 per person to use the facilities or you can book a treatment to the value of R500 or more. I would suggest to book an appointment in advance and do a treatment as the spa is super relaxing and amazing. There's a warm and cold pool, sauna and no children under 16 are allowed. The Spa's manager is super friendly and she is flexible on your treatments. You also get an extra 20% off on all treatments. There are 2 cold pools outside but it was Winter and it snowed the Sunday. We were very privileged to experience the snow as it last snowed in 2000. There are no TVs in the rooms but there are chill lounges. The WiFi is instant and there is enough parking. I would definitely go again but for 2 nights instead. The drive from Cape Town to Aquila is +/- 2hr 20min depending on traffic. You are allowed to take your own cooldrinks in the restaurant. Bathrobes, slippers, etc. are provided for.

1  Thank Teekabel
Reviewed 30 August 2018

the good points are that Aquila will pick you up in Cape town from most central locations. our driver for the 2 hours drive was nice and friendly and drove the mini bus safely. however the downside to the trip was that lunch was very poor indeed and Aquila is not really a game reserve at all but a more of a zoo for a handful of animals. we saw some hippos from a considerable distance, lots of Zebra, one giraffe, two lonely elephants, some springbok and an ostrich. i think you need to change your marketing material to reflect the fact that your are a small private zoo.

AquilaSafari, Social Media Strategist at Aquila Private Game Reserve - Day Trip Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear hmcor,

Thank you for your review. Aquila is a private game reserve spanning 10,000 hectares, as detailed on our 'About Us' page on our website.

Best wishes,
Team Aquila

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our day trip to Aquila. The game drive was incredible and we were able to see so many animals. Guides were excellent. The only reason I rate a 4 is that the food left something to be desired. We were able to utilize the spa and it was heavenly! Loved our time at Aquila!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

While holidaying in South Africa, and staying in Cape Town took the opportunity to do an overnight stay and safari.
Great Scenic drive up from Cape Town so the journey wasn't too arduous.
Great impression on arrival, with a welcome drink. Then straight to lunch before you get your room, then check in, then off for a Safari.
It does feel a bit like a production line of comings and goings with a mix of day-trips and residents and having to be in a certain place at a certain time, and I can agree it is somewhere between being a Safari and a safari park, just someone else is driving.

Having said that, we would go back given the opportunity. Got some great pictures of the animals, and a very informative guide.

1  Thank Durham_Bloke_UK