other travellers have booked this property
Adderley J15 is a funky open-plan 1-bedroom apartment in the historic heart of Cape Town
Adderley J15 Adderley J15 Lounge
Adderley Outside Area
Adderley Terraces Gym
Adderley J15 view of Table Mountain
Adderley Terraces Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bokie
London, United Kingdom
“Nice flat but service could be better”
Reviewed 3 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

The flat itself is actually very nice. It’s got a nice open plan kitchen and lounge that leads out to a balcony with a stunning view of Table Mountain. It’s got a maisonette with an internal balcony in the bedroom that looks down onto the lounge, giving it a nice airy feel. But overall, I would say there were pros and cons:

The Good
- The view is fantastic.
- The pool was really nice.
- The gym was sort of reasonable - but not great.
- Great location right on Adderley Street.
- The flat was fairly recently decorated.

The Bad
- I told the agent that I needed the Internet connection to be upgraded to a decent speed because I would be working from the flat. I asked for this 6 months in advance and stressed how important it was for me. Despite multiple promises, this never happened and the wifi was pretty much unusable. Lucky I had contingency plans otherwise I would have been in serious trouble.
- The door made loud noises when the wind blew (and it really blows in Cape Town). On the positive side, the agent sent someone round to fix it promptly.
- The shower curtain really stank.
- The flat was very dusty. I later discovered why - the cleaners tend to sweep the carpet. Yes, SWEEP the carpet. I asked why and she said she didn’t know how to use the hoover. Yup, that was the cleaner.
- The hoover was so clogged with dust that it spewed more dust out than it sucked up.
- The laundry was pretty smelly so I bought my own towel.
- The pillows were really horrible - I bought my own in the end.
- They gave me a duvet in the middle of summer when all you need is a sheet.
- The sheets didn’t really fit the bed so ended up bunching up underneath me.
- The TV is tiny.
- There are precisely 4 small mugs and 4 glasses - I thought they could have been a bit more generous with stuff like this. If you don’t like washing up, you’ll be running the dishwasher half empty to get clean mugs.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The wifi
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing