The place was in a great location with a lovely view of Table Mountain from the terrace. The room was comfy and interestingly-decorated with a contemporary and African flair. We didn't eat breakfast there since we wanted to try lots of restaurants. Ruth was generally nice, but she seemed inconvenienced by having to wait for the rest of my party later in the evening. I found this a bit odd as it is the owner's job to welcome and orient guests.
There is a great, hip little restaurant called Manna up the hill on Kloof St that I also definitely recommend, as well as Kyoto a few blocks down, as well as the little bar next door (not Raffiki's).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa