“A bit noisy”

Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2017

but the service was excellent and the fish & chips can be recommended.We went there for lunch at 12.00 when it was empty but filled up nicely later. Try the beer tasting, everybody around us was doing it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We decided to go to the Taproom for a burger last week. We found it quite disappointing! The burgers were nowhere near as good as expected after reading the reviews. The chicken wings were tasty. The place was about 3/4 full and it was very, very loud. This is probably due to the high ceilings. The bier was good and the staff were friendly and efficient. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I went there with a couple of colleagues recently for an end-of-year team late lunch. As I walked in, I saw that there was a private function starting at 16:30, and we booked for 15:00, so that meant we didn't have a lot of time. Not ideal.
It turns out that no-one from the restaurant even contacted the person who made the reservation. Had we been aware of this we could have cancelled or changed our booking, but we were not able to due to the lack of communication.
Two of my colleagues who joined a little after me waited about 10 minutes for a beer. We could see it standing on the bar but our waiter was nowhere to be seen. This happened again when we ordered food - he was nowhere to be seen when we wanted to order, even though he knew we are in a hurry (because we have to be out of there by 16:30).
We ordered the beer tasting and food pairing. 4 of the 5 beers are standard, and for the 5th you get a choice out of three beers. When our plates came, the waiter informed us that they were out of what we ordered (not before he brought the food) and they gave us beer mixed with wine. It was horrible.
After our tasters, we ordered wine. No wine presentation was done - instead, the wine was just put on the table and the waiter walked away.
All in all the service was pathetic, especially because we were pretty much the only people left in the restaurant.
The food was good though.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I came with my partner for the Tuesday night burger special, a cheese burger and beer for R55! Arrived around 8pm, place was super packed not a seat open. Spoke to a gentleman named Butler think he's the manager. He told me to just hold on he might be able to sort me out, came back a minute later said he had organized a place and ask If i would like to check it out or take a seat at the bar in the interim. Seat was good so decided to take it. Butler went out of his way to make my night a good one, checked up on us and to top it all off. I was a little cheeky and asked for extra SAUCE, and my beer in 10 minutes time after I sat down. Regardless how busy the venue was he met both my needs! Standard of service was second to none! Thank you for a very pleasant evening will be back next week :) Jonathan

1  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed 4 October 2016

If you'r into good value hot wings and a litre of craft beer then this is your thing. I went to try out the special with two young men who obviously loved it all. I found it a little noisy but then I'm used to a more sedate dining experience. None of us could finish our beer. We flattened the hot wings, and cheesburgers!