“Unforgettable!”
Review of Lelapa - The Home

Lelapa - The Home
Ranked #67 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sheila and Monica have constructed an authentic South African experience of food, music, culture and love that has catapulted my time in Cape Town from amazing to unforgettable. Some friends and I just went for lunch and the buffet spread was fresh, colorful and most importantly, DELICIOUS. It's apparent how much they love what they do and I can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited Lelapa with my school group during our stay in Cape Town. It was absolutely mind-blowing! The food was delicious with options for any kind of eater, the women were so kind and welcoming, and the music was beautiful! I'm not sure about the price since it was prepaid by the trip cost, but I remember that we tried Ostrich and had many different meat dishes! It felt very welcoming ad warm, with the musicians at the end inviting the group up to play with them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me just get the food part out of the way first - it's wonderful, and I mean really wonderful. On my dinner there we were lucky to try everything from multiple rice and veg dishes to several types of meats, curries, even some fried chicken. If you want to taste some of the best food, expertly prepared & executed with care and respect - and packed with flavour - you simply must go here. After 8 days in Cape Town, eating at some of the best restaurants in town - this remains my most memorable, most delicious, and favourite dining experience of the entire week. What Sheila & Monica have managed to do with this home-restaurant is create a warm, friendly place with a hospitality and kindness that really amazed me. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I return to Cape Town, Lelapa is on the top of my list for restaurants! I was just here with a rather large group and Sheila was very accommodating. Sheila and her team were wonderful hosts! The food was incredible. I recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from Lelapa and we can't stop raving about the music and food. Sheila and Monica opened their hearts to us and we gladly accepted the invitation. Lelapa is a family owned restaurant in Langa. Some tourists may by put off by the fact that Lelapa is in a township, but that definitely shouldn't be a deterrent. From the moment you enter Lalepa, you will feel right at home.

We were able to enjoy wonderful food (see photos) and to listen to a great band! It was a small group of us tonight and we got to talk with Sheila and Monica quite a bit. They have 18 years in the books with this wonderful restaurant. I am so glad that we visited Lelapa as part of our honeymoon! It was an experience that we will never forget.

A few tips: it's an easy uber ride to get there and the restaurant is cash only.

1  Thank Kim G