We went for a quick hike from the Rhodes Memorial today to just below Woodstock cave. Since it's not the safest hiking route, I took my dog with. We did not visit the cave as the last time I went there it was not pleasant- I think homeless people sleep there and use parts of the cave as a toilet. My friend also did not have the best experience at the cave last time, so we skipped it.
Benefits of the hike from Rhodes memorial:
1. Good parking area, usually has a car guard on busy days
2. Clear trails
3. Perfect for quick hikes or runs as it has easy access from M3.
4. Has a restaurant at the start for the cool off. We had Rooibos cappuccino and Coffee milkshake- both were great.
5. Awesome for dog lovers- the dogs are welcome to the restaurant and get served water bowl and dog cookies. Dogs must be on leash.
6. Great looking monument on top of that.
The biggest concern is safety.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.