“Hidden germ”

Ranked #409 of 1,182 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent and tasteful, freshly prepared and real value for money, had a seafood platter on a halaal restaurant in an old train coach was just too good to be true...liked the food, setup and will surely return

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

When one walks past the Atlantic Express and see the state of the kitchen you will immediately have doubts on whether the the food is hygienic let along tasty. When my friend told me that he would like to meet there I thought to my self seriously? Lets not judge them a give the establishment a chance. When I entered I was not comfortable for a start the place looks dirty and everything seems like its life span was used up. The table was stick and the benches looks about to rip. For my meal I ordered the seafood platter they had. The good of the of dish is that it is fairly priced and a good variety. The bad was everything else. The food was bland and not have any flavor in it including the natural taste. The fish did not taste like fish neither did the texture taste like fish. It tasted like they took a piece of fish and fried it whilst frosted. The cray fish tale fried to a chewy texture. Guest I just had the worlds first cray fish bubble gum. I want to emphasis again that everything was drenched in oil. Do not judge a book by its cover but I guess I was right about the Atlantic Express.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We visited this lovely restaurant for dinner with our baby girl. We parked on the side of the road and entered the train restaurant. We were greeted very warmly and given menus. We ordered the green Thai chicken pasta and prawn chaat both were absolutely divine and we enjoyed our meal. The friendly waiter/ manager who served us was also kind enough to bring toys to keep my daughter entertained and gave it to her to take back home. What a wonderful gesture! Thank you!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Eating food in a train was a nice idea , that express good thinking in utilizing unused staff , the food was delicious, family environment,helpful staff and very welcoming manager .
Green chicken carry was a signature dish

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Went there with a voucher that I purchased through Wikideals. I was 1st disappointed when I phoned there to make a reservation and the lady put the phone down to look at her book but then never returned. After I listened to her giving instructions to the waiter and the kitchen I put the phone down. Phoned again much later to make the booking.

The food was ok but really not great. I am so glad that I went there on a voucher and did not have to pay full price. The highlight was the dessert.

Twice there was so much smoke in the restaurant that people actually went to stand outside. My wife and child's eyes burned from the smoke. Not acceptable.

They will not see me again.