“Tasty food and good value for money ”

The Atlantic Express
Ranked #384 of 1,202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We visited this lovely restaurant for dinner with our baby girl. We parked on the side of the road and entered the train restaurant. We were greeted very warmly and given menus. We ordered the green Thai chicken pasta and prawn chaat both were absolutely divine and we enjoyed our meal. The friendly waiter/ manager who served us was also kind enough to bring toys to keep my daughter entertained and gave it to her to take back home. What a wonderful gesture! Thank you!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Eating food in a train was a nice idea , that express good thinking in utilizing unused staff , the food was delicious, family environment,helpful staff and very welcoming manager .
Green chicken carry was a signature dish

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Went there with a voucher that I purchased through Wikideals. I was 1st disappointed when I phoned there to make a reservation and the lady put the phone down to look at her book but then never returned. After I listened to her giving instructions to the waiter and the kitchen I put the phone down. Phoned again much later to make the booking.

The food was ok but really not great. I am so glad that I went there on a voucher and did not have to pay full price. The highlight was the dessert.

Twice there was so much smoke in the restaurant that people actually went to stand outside. My wife and child's eyes burned from the smoke. Not acceptable.

They will not see me again.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The location is quite original and cool
the food ( we had pasta ) was good
nice service and nice people

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Visited the train restaurant on a saturday evening at 15:00. The place was really untidy and table i sat at was sticky and dirty. Waited 10 mins for drinks,not good at all. Had cheese burgers,really tasted bland and presentation lacked severly. I would have went to burger king or Mcds and been more happy. Management should really look into refurbishment of premises.