“The Best Vegetarian You will find in Cape Town”
Review of Shayona

Shayona
Ranked #514 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We visited with family. We ordered thali and it was the best food we found in cape town especially if you are pure vegetarian you must visit and eat food here.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This place is not a restaurant like one think it might be .
It's a canteen style based restaurant with probably only three tables ! But the food is incredible and I suggest you have tasters of everything on display in the shop where they have the most incredible spices and sweets beans and rice to take home ! Please remember this is a vegetarian restaurant , but even the meat eaters should try it as it does fill you up ! I really loved this experience ! Please try it !!

1  Thank hekpoortheksie
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Whenever I'm in Rylands, I always stop at Shayona for Sweetmeats and vegetarian food. The food is made fresh in the morning and the paneer is a favourite in my family!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Every time I'm even near Cape Town I have to hunt for Shayona and get my curry fix. An amazing 1l of takeaway Paneer is around R60. Lots of takeaway Indian curry and sweet meats (jelebi, gulab jamun and ras malai are my favourites) to choose from. Closed on Mondays but open every other day and Fridays and Saturdays they make other special dishes. They also supply bulk rice and loads of Indian pantry supplies including fresh okra and more. YUUUUMMM!!!!

1  Thank Gina H
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I always enjoy visiting Shayona as in Rylands in Cape Town. They serve fresh Indian vegetarian curries and sweet meats. It's not a fancy restaurant but the food is fresh and good. If you like vegetarian curries you should visit this place.